ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling on Ryanair with Stamp4 EUFAM Cards

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

daddy
Member of Standing

Travelling on Ryanair with Stamp4 EUFAM Cards

Post by daddy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Hi all, I have a quick question I want to know whether anyone has travelled recently to the UK on a visit accompanying there EU spouse from ireland with Ryanair with a stamp 4 eu fam residence card or whether anyone knows if they are accepted.

Does anyone have any suggesstions for other means of travelling to the UK for a visit with my spouse with a stamp 4 eu fam residence card?

Thanks in advance.

StefanPL
Newly Registered

Post by StefanPL » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:10 pm

@daddy

To enter the UK (even northern ireland) you need a UK Entry Clearance, we asked the UK Embassy when we wanted to travel last January and they dont accept EU4 Stamps (temp or 5 Years), you need always an Entry Clearance, even you travel with your Partner.

Thats why we applied for it and then after the Interview in the Embassy we recieved the UK Entry Clearance after 1 Week in the Post.

Its always valid for 6 months, if you have a 5 Year or Permanent Residency you can also apply for an UK Entry Clearance for 5 and 10 Years, but those are not for free like the one for 6 months.

Thats what we know, but i (or better the embassy staff) could be wrong and just told me i needed an Entry Clearance, but we wanted to be on the safe side.

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:09 pm

StefanPL wrote:@daddy

To enter the UK (even northern ireland) you need a UK Entry Clearance, we asked the UK Embassy when we wanted to travel last January and they dont accept EU4 Stamps (temp or 5 Years), you need always an Entry Clearance, even you travel with your Partner.

Thats why we applied for it and then after the Interview in the Embassy we recieved the UK Entry Clearance after 1 Week in the Post.

Its always valid for 6 months, if you have a 5 Year or Permanent Residency you can also apply for an UK Entry Clearance for 5 and 10 Years, but those are not for free like the one for 6 months.

Thats what we know, but i (or better the embassy staff) could be wrong and just told me i needed an Entry Clearance, but we wanted to be on the safe side.
Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate. Please can you tell me the documents that you submited for the entry clearance, and other process that I may need to know, also is your eu spouse British? pls help me with these info, thanks.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:21 pm

you can contact www.britishembassy.ie documents details mention below .your passpory you wife passport,marriage cert,payslips,passport size photo,hostel/hotel booking,bank statement,airline tickets,job letter,current payslip,gnib card photocopy.good luck

daddy
Member of Standing

search properly

Post by daddy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:15 pm

IQU wrote:you can contact www.britishembassy.ie documents details mention below .your passpory you wife passport,marriage cert,payslips,passport size photo,hostel/hotel booking,bank statement,airline tickets,job letter,current payslip,gnib card photocopy.good luck
I somehow disagree with this because it is written in the directives that the only document that a member state would require from an eu family member is both pasports, evidence of relationship between non eu family member and eu citizen, eg for a child- birth certificate, for spouse marriage certificate.

Besides, article 5 of eu directives states that a holder of residence card mentioned in article 10 is exempted from visa requirements.

StefanPL
Newly Registered

Post by StefanPL » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:25 pm

daddy wrote:
StefanPL wrote:@daddy

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate. Please can you tell me the documents that you submited for the entry clearance, and other process that I may need to know, also is your eu spouse British? pls help me with these info, thanks.
My Wife is Filipina and me i am German, the docs my wife brought to the interview in the embassy :

Complete Visa Application Form

Marriage Contract
My Wifes Passport
My Own Passport
My Wifes GNIB Card
Flight Ticket
One Passport Photo (my wife)
Previous Passports (my wife)

Bank Statements (If you have savings)
Payslips (last 2-3)

But when you apply online you can see what you can submit additional, might be different in your case.

Thanks

Stefan

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Travelling on Ryanair with Stamp4 EUFAM Cards

Post by ca.funke » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:24 pm

daddy wrote:Hi all, I have a quick question I want to know whether anyone has travelled recently to the UK on a visit accompanying there EU spouse from ireland with Ryanair with a stamp 4 eu fam residence card or whether anyone knows if they are accepted.

Does anyone have any suggesstions for other means of travelling to the UK for a visit with my spouse with a stamp 4 eu fam residence card?

Thanks in advance.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=30020

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 565#461565

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 225#462225

Fact 1: You are legally allowed to travel to the UK, even if the guys in the embassy tell you otherwise.

Fact 2: If you travel to the UK from Ireland checks are minimal. It should work without trouble, however do have the papers as listed in above links handy.

Good luck!

daddy
Member of Standing

Post by daddy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:42 pm

ca.funke wrote:
daddy wrote:Hi all, I have a quick question I want to know whether anyone has travelled recently to the UK on a visit accompanying there EU spouse from ireland with Ryanair with a stamp 4 eu fam residence card or whether anyone knows if they are accepted.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=30020

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 565#461565

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 225#462225

Fact 1: You are legally allowed to travel to the UK, even if the guys in the embassy tell you otherwise.

Fact 2: If you travel to the UK from Ireland checks are minimal. It should work without trouble, however do have the papers as listed in above links handy.

Good luck!
Thanks, ca funke, one more thing, my wife is British citizen, living here with me in Ireland, I have stamp4eufam residence card, would the uk border agency argue that my wife is thier citizen? therefore trying to use uk immigration rules on me(non eu spouse)? Thanks for your help.

acme4242

Post by acme4242 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 pm

daddy wrote:..... one more thing, my wife is British citizen, living here with me in Ireland, I have stamp4eufam residence card, would the uk border agency argue that my wife is thier citizen? therefore trying to use uk immigration rules on me(non eu spouse)? Thanks for your help.
Hello D,
You need to read this post
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

The poster never came back to us to tell us what happened, I even sent an
e-mail to him.

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:29 pm

Guys Guys

I have applied three times and got three times this so called uk clearance...it is a ball but we all have to

so, im going again this month...

what they want is your passport, your wife passport and a letter from your wife that she is traveling with you.

they also said her passport should be attested by her czech embassy however czech embassy in dublin said they are not allowed to do so.

so im ready for an argument if they require attestation which they did not on prevous 3 occasion.

No payslip, no letter, no bank statement ..etc..that is not a requirement
but keep it on you just in case

daddy
Member of Standing

Thanks

Post by daddy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:09 pm

knapps wrote:Guys Guys

I have applied three times and got three times this so called uk clearance...it is a ball but we all have to

so, im going again this month...

what they want is your passport, your wife passport and a letter from your wife that she is traveling with you.

they also said her passport should be attested by her czech embassy however czech embassy in dublin said they are not allowed to do so.

so im ready for an argument if they require attestation which they did not on prevous 3 occasion.

No payslip, no letter, no bank statement ..etc..that is not a requirement
but keep it on you just in case
Thanks mate, could you pls send me a direct link of the particular application form that you used.
I would like to accompany my daughter (Irish citizen child) incase they argue that my wife is a British. What is the procedure?, do I have to go to the embassy myself or do I have to go to a company the use for visa applications to give my biometeric?
Thanks for your kind help.