ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appreciation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Appreciation

Post by Papafaith » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:19 am

Thanks to everyone that attended the the protest, was a good opportunity meeting many of you. Want to thank the Chinese community most especially as they came enmasse.
We were only two Africans pressent, Chess was that you?

Because of the insincerity of the UK Govt (HO) i have decided to take my destiny in my hands. Have decided to apply for Canadian Immigration.

Not that am giving up, but 70 people out of 100,000 affected attended, this is enough to set in discouragement.
If we dont act decisively, like Tryone said, we will be made to reapply under the new point base system and 90% of us will not pass the salary threshold, i have never been caught in a sinking ship.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:00 pm

Papa,

That wasnt me!!

any how i would not encourage you to go the Canadian route but the choice is yours...

Canada is a really diffficult place - unless you have Canadian experience otherwise you will be driving taxis or frying buggers!!
Where there is a will there is a way.

nonothing

Re: Appreciation

Post by nonothing » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:30 pm

Papafaith wrote:Not that am giving up, but 70 people out of 100,000 affected attended, this is enough to set in discouragement.
papafaith, i can feel your frustration. the big problem is not only the british citizens but also many immigrants who are in the same boat with us DO NOT support us. strange, isn't it? but it's the truth. that's why every time there's a change we're the victims. no fight, no right.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:30 pm

Papafaith wrote:Not that am giving up, but 70 people out of 100,000 affected attended, this is enough to set in discouragement.
But those 100,000 people are spread around the UK. Not everyone can make it to a demonstration in London.

The Immigration Minister is now Liam Bryne, MP for Birmingham Hodge Hill. I live in an adjoining constituency. I suggested a demonstration outside one of Liam Byrne's Advice Bureaux. I don't think there was any response. So for the second time, if there is anyone living in Birmingham or the West Midlands, if you would like to attend a demonstration in Hodge Hill, do get in touch.
John

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:43 pm

Hi John,
I would drive there from kent.....let me know when,
thanks
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:47 pm

Thanks guys, we will fight then till we win.

first2last4

Post by first2last4 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:50 pm

I think demonstration leading to maximum attention from the Immigration Minister is a very intelligent idea. Not sure if those (70) who attented the demontration here in London can join us in Birmingham, but if they do surely it will be very fruitful.

I will not miss the opportunity to be part of this one, if we decide to do so.

Enough is enough.........
Knowledge which is concealed is lost -Hadith

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:34 pm

I would attend the one in Birmingham, if our folks in that contituency will organise it, though i live in London.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:37 pm

If there is anyone actually living in Birmingham Hodge Hill constituency .... could they please post here!

At this stage we must be thinking of this in principle ... date not yet specified ... if only because we need to make sure that Liam Bryne is going to be there in person covering his Advice Bureau ... rather than one of his "helpers" ... such as a local Labour Councillor covering it for him.

Also I think it is essential that at least one person demonstrating actually lives in Hodge Hill constituency ... who can legitimately attend the Advice Bureau and raise the concerns face-to-face with their MP ... the Minister!

Anyone not sure who their MP is? Go to TheyWorkForYou.com and enter your postcode ..... and it will tell you.
John

MunneRaja

Post by MunneRaja » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:14 am

I will attend the demonstration and will come from Leeds

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:38 am

Still we have no one confirming they live in Hodge Hill, so I have started this topic.
John

djbabyboom
Newly Registered

Post by djbabyboom » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:49 am

Please have a mercy. I've done my best on collecting the signatures but couldn't physically attend the protest. Too much work - we're highly skilled, eh? :)

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:32 pm

djbabyboom wrote:Too much work
that's the thing... the govt. knows that people are not going to risk their jobs for holding demonstrations etc