ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Paternity leave

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajkhan

Paternity leave

Post by rajkhan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi, I am on workpermit visa and my ILR is due this September, My wife is on dependent visa and is also working, currently she is pregnant and the baby is due in June. Does any of the benefits below affect the ILR.
1)I wish to know if i am elgible to take the 2 week paid paternity leave given by my employer (NHS), n do i have to fill up the form.
2) my wife is going to have paid maternity leave by her employer,
3) Is the Baby born in UK elgible for any child benefits/credits before we get ILR.
Many thanks,
Raj.

MANILA-PEP
Newly Registered

Post by MANILA-PEP » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:27 pm

See link below for further clarifications:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/parents/mon ... g_10029398

rajkhan

hi

Post by rajkhan » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:37 pm

Thanks, but in the website link above, it doesnt mention anything about the who is elgible for benefits, and is paternity leave have any effect on Indefinite Leave to Remain.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:26 pm

1. Statutory paternity leave, that you are entitled to in accordance with the terms of your employment, has no influence on settlement application.
2. Likewise, for your wife's maternity leave.
3. As a dependant of WP / PBS migrant, the child will not be entitled to "public funds" (319I(b)(i)).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:28 am

rajkhan, what is your nationality? And the nationality of your wife?

Also, if either of you worked in another country, apart from that of your nationality, prior to coming to the UK, please give details.
John

rajkhan

Hi

Post by rajkhan » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:54 pm

We both are from India, n we didnot work in any other country other than UK and India,,,May i know the relation between origin of country and parental leave.
Thanks to Sushdmehta n John for their above replies.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:17 pm

We both are from India, n we didnot work in any other country other than UK and India
In that case no benefits such as Child Benefit or Tax Credits can be claimed, well not before ILR is granted.
May i know the relation between origin of country and parental leave.
There is none. Parental leave is not within the definition of Public Funds, as in para 6 of the Immigration Rules, so absolutely no problem taking such leave.
John

rajkhan

paternity

Post by rajkhan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:42 pm

Thanks again for the replies, but what if i take any unpaid paternity leave for my baby care, will it have any affect on my ILR later this year.