ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Times....

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

manzana
Newly Registered

EEA2 Application Times....

Post by manzana » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:29 pm

My partner and I have followed the 2 year rule, but looked liked it was processed under EU law. He got a residence card for 5 years exp in 2009 and I got an stamp for 2 years exp march 2006. I had called up the H/office in Jan06 as I was unsure what form to use, they instructed me to use EEA2.

But I had called about 4 times as I kept getting different replies. :? Eventually, I sought independant help and they also said EEA2 :roll: .

Now after submitting my application since 27Feb2006 and got an acknowledgement 07Mar06, I have not heard anything from the H/Office and its approaching 6 months, as we are now in June :cry: .

I keep checking their website and it seems to be stuck on :
Application type We are currently working on applications submitted in
Registration Certificate applications April 2006
Residence Card applications February 2006
Permanent Residence for EEA nationals January 2006
Permanent Residence for non-EEA nationals January 2006

Just wondering, why its taking this long. If you call them to inquire they just say to check the website. Has anyone had long wait times. :!:

Need my passport back soon as I planned to travel in Aug with my partner. My dad passed away in Jan06 and want to return home to check on my mom. Is this enough reason for them to process my application seeing I applied using EEA2 since Feb2006 ?

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:13 am

This appears to be the same question as that posted on the end of this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=7345

manzana
Newly Registered

Post by manzana » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:03 am

yes, its...new to this site and wasnt sure if that would be seen as it was created a while ago. so after sending it, thought to make a new topic.