ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Education Concession for Pre-School

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sjgul

Child Education Concession for Pre-School

Post by sjgul » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:42 pm

My child is of 3 years and ready to move in a Pre School. I enquired into a private play school and they told me that the monthly fee would be around £ 714 but as the child is of 3 years, we are eligible for some government concession and the net fee would come out to be £ 580.

My question is if this concession applies for HSMP VISA holders also as the VISA says "No recourse to public Funds". Does Child Education Concession comes in Public Funds category.

Regds,
sjgul.

Rex

Post by Rex » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:32 pm

If the concession is related to Child Tax Credit than you are not eligible but if it is only because your child is above three than you can go for it.

You will know this when you actually start the process.

sjgul

Post by sjgul » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:40 pm

Rex,

i have already started the process and got this information from the day nursery. Just wanted to confirm whether I am eligible under HSMP or not.

Regds,
sjgul.

simar

Post by simar » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:44 pm

if your kid is 3 year+ , He can go to play group ( pre-school) for certain hours( 2 1/2) based on govt grant. HSMP , Work permit holders etc all's kids are allowed