ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 YEARS STUDENT,QUALIFY FOR ILR OR NOT?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bokzbobo
Newly Registered

5 YEARS STUDENT,QUALIFY FOR ILR OR NOT?

Post by bokzbobo » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi there,
I was told by a friend that if you are an international student legally staying in UK for 5 years, you have qualify for ILR.

I want to verify if this is true or not.

Regards.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:50 pm

bokzbobo wrote:Hi there,
I was told by a friend that if you are an international student legally staying in UK for 5 years, you have qualify for ILR.

Regards.
Not true.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

joh118

Re: 5 YEARS STUDENT,QUALIFY FOR ILR OR NOT?

Post by joh118 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:05 pm

bokzbobo wrote:Hi there,

Regards.
If on a student visa, you have no access to ILR unless you stay in UK for 10 years legally.

The 5 year rule you are talking about is only for those on work visa and some other categories.

rajkhan

re

Post by rajkhan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:27 pm

It would take 10 years legal stay to get ILR, I know some who are on student visa for the past 8-9 years and some in combination of student visa and work permit etc..