ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ad-hoc printout bank statement

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goodenterprise
BANNED

Post by goodenterprise » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:39 pm

Hi. I have recently been refused tier-4 student visa extension due to NOT ENOUGH FUNDS.

I have submitted 2 bank accounts:

-one paper bank statement, which at one point dropped below 800.00 hence could not get awarded 10 points.

-the second bank account I had to request from my bank to be specially printed out for this purpose. It was stamped and signed by the bank. UK BA rejected this too on the basis that it was not in the appropriate format.
The official considering the application clearly overlooked this and did not consider this bank statement.

I have no right of appeal but can submit new application. How should I approach this and also because of UK BA error can I write something in a sense that I should not be liable for this second time application fee or request a refund for the first one?

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:25 pm

Now a days, UKBA guys do these 'mistakes' very frequently and not giving right of appeal which makes you overstayer in UK from the time of decision. Actually student give them opportunity to make these kind of mistakes. I dont know why a student need more then one bank account in UK or why cant they show 800 pounds in a single bank account for 28 days at the time of visa extension. It is an easy managable thing.

About the refund of fee, now, they will even refuse your further new application with new fee with the reason of out of time application and wont refund that money as well. Its better to leave UK and apply from home country. Leave on time before 28 days otherwise an automatic entry overstayer ban of one year will become enforce.

If you want to go for further in-country application its better to get in touch a good immigration lawyer. Best of luck!
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: ad-hoc printout bank statement

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:25 pm

goodenterprise wrote:Hi. I have recently been refused tier-4 student visa extension due to NOT ENOUGH FUNDS.

-one paper bank statement, which at one point dropped below 800.00 hence could not get awarded 10 points.

-the second bank account I had to request from my bank to be specially printed out for this purpose. It was stamped and signed by the bank. UK BA rejected this too on the basis that it was not in the appropriate format.
The official considering the application clearly overlooked this and did not consider this bank statement.

I have no right of appeal but can submit new application. How should I approach this and also because of UK BA error can I write something in a sense that I should not be liable for this second time application fee or request a refund for the first one?

Why don't you have a right of appeal? Did you apply before your visa expired?

What did the caseworker say about the format of the ad hoc statement? Why was it wrong?

ash786
BANNED

Post by ash786 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:25 pm

goodenterprise wrote:Hi. I have recently been refused tier-4 student visa extension due to NOT ENOUGH FUNDS.

1. If he did not get the appeal rights that wud be cuz he still have a valid leave.

goodenterprise
BANNED

Post by goodenterprise » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:44 am

I guess I don't have appeal right because my leave expired.

The case worker only said about the print out that it was not in the appropriate format. Then cited paragraph:

BANK STATEMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL STATEMENTS OR INTERNET AND AD-HOC PRINTOUTS WHICH MUST CONTAIN ALL THE PERSONAL INFORMATION (BANK NAME/ LOGO / ACCOUNTHOLDERS NAME / ACCOUNT NUMBER) AND BE STAMPED AND SIGNED BY THE BANK.
THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE THEREFORE NO POINTS HAVE BEEN AWARDED IN THIS AREA.
IT HAS THEREFORE BEEN DECIDED THAT YOU HAVE NOT MET THE REQUIREMENTS AND NO POINTS HAVE BEEN AWARDED FOR MAINTENANCE.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:54 am

goodenterprise wrote:I guess I don't have appeal right because my leave expired.

The case worker only said about the print out that it was not in the appropriate format. Then cited paragraph:

BANK STATEMENTS MUST BE ORIGINAL STATEMENTS OR INTERNET AND AD-HOC PRINTOUTS WHICH MUST CONTAIN ALL THE PERSONAL INFORMATION (BANK NAME/ LOGO / ACCOUNTHOLDERS NAME / ACCOUNT NUMBER) AND BE STAMPED AND SIGNED BY THE BANK.
THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE THEREFORE NO POINTS HAVE BEEN AWARDED IN THIS AREA.
IT HAS THEREFORE BEEN DECIDED THAT YOU HAVE NOT MET THE REQUIREMENTS AND NO POINTS HAVE BEEN AWARDED FOR MAINTENANCE.

when did your visa expire and when did you make your application?

What did your adhoc statements look like? Did they include the required information as detailed above and if not what were they missing?