ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dublintogalway

Naturalisation Question

Post by dublintogalway » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Hi,

I have got approval for LTR. My timelines are below:-

Applied :-April 2010.
Acknowledgement:- May 2010.
Additional Docs Request:- Feb 2011.
LTR fee request letter :- March 2011.
Approval Letter :-March 2011. ( with in 2 days after paying 500 euro fee).

I had applied for naturalisation as well last year. Should I send them my LTR approval letter copy, GNIB Card Copy, P60(2010) and P21(2010) .
Will it help in anyway for naturalisation? I have not been requested for any addiotnal docs yet for my naturalisation from INIS.
When Can i expect request for additional docs? I applied for naturalisation in April 2010.
Plz help in this query.

villim
Newly Registered

Post by villim » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:10 am

Common wisdom on these forums seems to be to send them the docs. However, in the application acknowledgement letters these days they ask to not contact them unless absolutely necessary. Which is understandable, since processing and responding to an unsolicited letter takes up quite a bit of time. In addition, I think the naturalisation people now have access to the GNIB system, so they should see your updated status there. And if not, they'll ask for it when the time comes.

Best option might be to check what your naturalisation application letter said, and do exactly that? Oh, and they're currently processing applications lodged a year before you, so it'll be awhile before they get around to looking at yours again.

Out of curiosity, what additional docs did they ask for LTR?

dublintogalway

hi

Post by dublintogalway » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 am

hi,

thanks for your reply..
The following additional documents were requested for LTR:-
a.GNIB Card Copy
b.Employment Letter from current employer
c.Employment Contract Letter for current employer.

cheers