ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saira12
Newly Registered

ILR application

Post by saira12 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:11 am

HI
i am going to apply for ILR soon on the basis of 10 years lawful long residence .
my current passport is going to expire in one month time, and if i renew it its going to take long.

can i apply for ILR while passport is still valid but only one month left?

i know normally UKBA take long on these type of ILR application, all i want to know by law would it be fine?

Kind Regards

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:27 am

How long will it take you to get new passport?

Pierrot95

Re: ILR application

Post by Pierrot95 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:44 am

saira12 wrote:can i apply for ILR while passport is still valid but only one month left?
You can even apply with an expired passport. Of course you can't travel with it. Can't find the reference but I am sure I read this somewhere.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:11 pm

The relevant IDI (which contained this information earlier) - Chapter 22 -> Section 1 - is being updated. The old one has been taken off from UKBA website.

Reading this topic may be helpful ... assuming there is no change in the procedure(s).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!