ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(O) Success Croydon PEO - 14th March 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

parikhvishal
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) Success Croydon PEO - 14th March 2011

Post by parikhvishal » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:25 pm

I got my ILR granted for me and my wife in Croydon PEO on 14th March so I would just like to share my experience at Croydon PEO with members of forum.

UK Status : (WP + WP Extension + Tier 2 ICT with single employer) arrived in UK in March 2006 and absences of around 90 days in 5 years (59 days holidays + 31 days business trips) so straight forward case. There was gap of 22 days between WP expiry and WP extension stamp but I applied extension before WP expiry.

Appointment Time: 14th March 2011 - 12:45 PM

We (me and my wife) reached by train (East Croydon) and walked to Lunar House (10-15 mins walk). We reached around 11:45 and they allowd us early for security check. Gone through security, it was normal like any UK airport. There was queue just after security - waited for 2 mins and one of the staff member asked which form I am using and I have shown SET (O) form so she asked me to wait in another queue just in front of separate room with multiple windows. Within 5 mins we were called at one of the window and person asked me for application form, passports and booking reference number. He checked my form, passports and something on his computer for around 15 mins and put stamp (with word "Valid" written) on page 3 and page 5. He gave us token and told to go to first floor to pay for application and detailed document verification.

We went to first floor and at the gate (of first floor) staff member asked me for form & token and removed Page 3 from the form and gave it me and asked me to wait in queue for payment. There was reasonable queue (around 10 people in-front of me) for Payment and only 2 counters accepting the payment so there was wait for around 20 minutes in queue. I reached the Payment counter and handed over Page 3 and token to lady staff member at counter. She put something on her computer and asked me for debit card to pay (the option I selected in form) and taken the payment and provided me with receipt and asked me to wait in waiting area till my number is called.

We were in waiting area at around 12:30 and there was digital display board where list of token numbers (in queue of Premium non-biometric service) were mentioned (with max of 20 tokens displayed at one point of time) so my token number didn't appear initially but when they started calling few people I got my number displayed in queue (Some relief :) ). As it was lunch time things were moving slow and only 2 or 3 counters where calling token numbers which are related to Premium service (non-biometrics). Things were really moving slow initially and it was real long wait till 1:30 where my number was not moving up in queue and we were wondering if our number would be called or not. It started moving faster after 1:30 and my number was called at around 2:15. It was lady case worker (Indian / Asian features).

She asked me for following documents,

1. Application form
2. All passports (and BRP cards)
3. 3 Months bank statement
4. 3 Months Salary Slips
5. Life in UK Pass notification certificate
6. Letter from Employer
7. P60 for last 4 years (she just asked P60 - I provided all 4)
8. UK absences spread sheet - downloaded form this forum (she didn't asked but I provided separately which she stapled to my form)
9. Photo envelop (2+2)

I had many other documents (like all original work permits, WP extension and all other UK BA letters received in last 5 years, 5 year bank statement, 5 years salary slips, 5 year rent agreements, some utility bills for 5 years, salary revision letters from employer, marriage certificate etc.) however she didn't asked any of those so I have not provided those.

She first verified my salary slips and bank statements and checked if my net salary is matching with entry in my bank statement so asked me about it and I have shown where she can find matching entry. She briefly looked at all other documents and taken photocopies for bank statements, salary slips, P60s , life in uk certificates and handed originals back to me. She also took photocopies of few pages on passport. She than looked at some entries in my passport, looked at her computer and done some rough calculation on back of my application. She looked at my application form - stapled 1 photo each to application form and given back 2 photographs to me and told me I am through. I couldn’t believe so I asked again, does that mean I am granted ILR and she told yes. I just asked her to give us our Life in UK scores and she kindly told score for me and my wife (both of us scored full 24 :D ). She took around 30-35 mins in total to finish my case. She just asked us to wait for max of 1 hour 30 mins to collect and told me if we want to go out or use refreshments facility at 2nd Floor. We went to 2nd floor and grabbed some coffee and we came back and waited around 30 mins and our token number was called to collect the passport. I checked the stamp on both the passports and I was out by 3:30 so happy ending.

Thanks to moderators and everyone on this forums for success.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Congratulations...thanks for sharing in quite a detail..

sarath1212

Re: ILR SET(O) Success Croydon PEO - 14th March 2011

Post by sarath1212 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Congratualtions!!!!!! May case is also same as yours(WP + WP Extension + Tier 2 ICT with single employer).

In my WP extension also there is a gap of 34 days between WP expiry and WP extension stamp but I applied extension before WP expiry.

Have they asked any questions regarding the GAP?

Cheers!
Raj

[quoteUK Status : (WP + WP Extension + Tier 2 ICT with single employer) arrived in UK in March 2006 and absences of around 90 days in 5 years (59 days holidays + 31 days business trips) so straight forward case. There was gap of 22 days between WP expiry and WP extension stamp but I applied extension before WP expiry.

[/quote]

parikhvishal
Newly Registered

Post by parikhvishal » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:27 pm

No - they have not asked any question about it.

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Hi there,

My question is about point 8.
How many absences did you have? Were they holidays or work traveling?
I've just been away on holidays during my nearly 5 years period, why do you have to provide this please?
Many thanks in advance

C

parikhvishal
Newly Registered

Post by parikhvishal » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:34 pm

I had 90 absenses - some holidays some work related. As per SET(O) form it is asked to provide any absenses from UK however small they may be. If holidays and you can prove that if asked - it should not be any harm.

Cosmos

Post by Cosmos » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 am

Many thanks and Congrats!