ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Slightly dodgy tenancy agreement - advice?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

browneyed_girlksk
Newly Registered

Slightly dodgy tenancy agreement - advice?

Post by browneyed_girlksk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi all,

I am hoping to switch into the unmarried partner visa category at some point in the near future. Of note:

one of our tenancy agreeements is causing me a bit of concern. Our landlord forgot to put my name on the typed agreement, and so he handwrote it in (my partner's name is typed in) when he brought the document for us to sign. I asked him to amend it properly and he did, sending a copy of the page in question over email. Unfortunately, if we print it out the colour and paper don't match the original document so its clear its a later amendment.

Is it reasonable to give the case officer the original tenancy agreement, along with the amended page, and explain the situation (going to do PEO)? I'm worried that they will think that I've falsified the document on my own. Is it best to just not use the tenancy agreement in these circumstances? We have lots of other documents (although not a ton in our joint names), but I heard that the case workers are often particularly interested in seeing the tenancy agreements.

Thanks.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Could the landlord not confirm this in a letter? Plus the email the amendment was attached to?