ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to new category while waiting for visa decision

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Luke Persian
Newly Registered

Switching to new category while waiting for visa decision

Post by Luke Persian » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Dear All,
My question is related to a difficult situation that I'm experiencing and it may seem a bit weird, but I'm sure your comments would be very helpful.

I'm intending to apply for Tier 1 before the 5th April deadline. I have all the documents except my degree which will be ready (university letter in few days) as I'm claiming points for it. The problem is that I had to first switch to student visa because my Tier 2 leave was expiring on 16th of Feb. Unfortunately I haven't received the student visa, as I'm still waiting for the ATAS letter and not sure if I'd be able to have my passport and student visa back by 5th Apr, so to make a fresh application/switch to Tier 1.

My question is, would it be possible to make a fresh application for Tier 1 while home office still holds my application/passport for student visa before they make decision, and send all the additional documents to them? I know that I would be able to apply for PSW later, but that's not very helpful.

Thanks for your help,

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:49 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Luke Persian
Newly Registered

Post by Luke Persian » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:30 am

vinny wrote:Vary your application.
It seems it's possible, but the problem may be the date of application as "Specified application forms and procedures " says " The application date remain the date of original application and not the date of variation", on that date I did not hold the degree which I later use for the point based visa, or maybe I'm wrong?