ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension -- PLZ HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cpq.diya
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension -- PLZ HELP

Post by cpq.diya » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:29 pm

Hello All,

I just found this forum and it looks really helpful.
I am currently in UK on Tier 1 visa my visa runs out on 2 jun this year...for last 12 months i have earnings of 34500 but i need 35000, i wanted to know if i pick up any part time job which gets me around this money to get the points would it be alritte???
and secondly what is the right time to file for visa as mine goes out in jun is there any advantage or disadvantage in filing for it early????

thanks so much to advice...really appreciate your help:)\
And also i have my account as a joint account with my wife and i will be using that only for showing the funds and filing her dependent visa...i hope thats alrite or can there be any problems due to it - i mean does it need to be on my name only??????

cheers
Last edited by cpq.diya on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 extension

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:32 pm

cpq.diya wrote:i wanted to know if i pick up any part time job which gets me around this money to get the points
Why not? Do what you can / must to qualify for extension.

There is no restriction on how many jobs one can do as a Tier 1 (General) migrant.
Last edited by geriatrix on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 extension

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 pm

cpq.diya wrote:Hello All,

I just found this forum and it looks really helpful.
I am currently in UK on Tier 1 visa my visa runs out on 2 jun this year...for last 12 months i have earnings of 34500 but i need 35000, i wanted to know if i pick up any part time job which gets me around this money to get the points would it be alritte???

yes

and secondly what is the right time to file for visa as mine goes out in jun is there any advantage or disadvantage in filing for it early????

thanks so much to advice...really appreciate your help:)
cheers
CDOKS

cpq.diya
Newly Registered

Post by cpq.diya » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:40 pm

thanks guys..:)

can you also please help with below:

secondly what is the right time to file for visa as mine goes out in jun 2011 is there any advantage or disadvantage in filing for it early????

And i have my salary account as a joint account with my wife and i will be using that only for showing the funds and filing her dependent visa...i hope thats alrite or can there be any problems due to it - i mean does it need to be on my name only??????

thanks a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!

cisco3181

Post by cisco3181 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:39 pm

secondly what is the right time to file for visa as mine goes out in jun 2011 is there any advantage or disadvantage in filing for it early????
Apply whenever you wish to but UKBA will only give you extension from the date of your application and not from the end date of your visa unless you apply in the last month of your visa expiry.
i have my salary account as a joint account with my wife and i will be using that only for showing the funds and filing her dependent visa...i hope thats alrite or can there be any problems due to it - i mean does it need to be on my name only??????
No problem with that. I have a similar sort of arrangement and got my visa and extension both using the same account.

cpq.diya
Newly Registered

Post by cpq.diya » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks a lot buddy..i was reading another thread related to points required after april 2011 for extension, it seems you need 100 if your requirements was 100 and 95 if you applied before july....in my case m lil confused as the requirement was 95 however i scored 100 bcoz of my earning...can you advice in case i decide to apply after april would the required points be 100 or 95????

thanks to clarifyy this is my last queryy::(((

T1_Mainframe

Post by T1_Mainframe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:19 pm

Its not changing for you from April. New changes will be mainly related to new applicants.
Use point based calcualtor to know what you need to score to extend your visa.

cpq.diya
Newly Registered

Post by cpq.diya » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:27 pm

thanks mate...on pbs it shows 95 so should be alrite...thanks everyone.....this forum is extremely helpful...all credit to you guys happy helping out new guys...really appreciate it!!

cheers
god bless all

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:16 pm

Reading this post should help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!