ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Workpermit - settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wasiter

Workpermit - settlement

Post by wasiter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi all,

Iam writing this on behalf of my wife..First of all, iam a naturalized british citizen.. me & my wife got married in Sep 2008 but, i didn't move my wife's visa status to dependent as she will be getting her PR this year.

Now, we are expecting a baby this June (2011) and she is preparing to take her maternity break from June 2011 for a period of 6 months.

Now, for the PR part.

She arrived to UK in Sep 2006 so, i guess she is eligible to apply for PR from Aug 2011..however, during that time she will be in her maternity break.

Now, the Question is

1: Will that affect the PR process - If yes, how?
2: While applying for a PR should we produce pay slips? If yes, she is in her paternity break..then, how does it work?
3: Can she take the 'Life in the UK test' now in order to apply for PR in Aug 2011?

SHE IS IN WORKPERMIT.

Comments much apprreciated...

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Your wife is not eligible for PR, but ILR. PR is granted to EEA citizens and their family members.

1. No. A letter from your employer stating that she is still employed but on maternity leave will be sufficient, should a caseworker have any doubts.
2. Aren't people on statutory (paid) maternity leave issued payslips? If not, then the above should work.
3. Yes.
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Your wife is not eligible for PR, but ILR. PR is granted to EEA citizens and their family members.

1. No. A letter from your employer stating that she is still employed but on maternity leave will be sufficient, should a caseworker have any doubts.
2. Don't people on statutory (paid) maternity leave issued payslips? If not, then the above should work.
3. Yes.
Thanks for the clarification...

PR stands for Permanent residentship right? Wel,, i got my PR in 2005 ...just wondering what is the diffrence between PR Vs ILR.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Both represent the same status (settled), but:

PR is issued to EEA citizens and their family members in UK under EEA regulations.
ILR is issued to non-EEA citizens and their family members in UK under UK immigration laws.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

wasiter

Post by wasiter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:46 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Both represent the same status (settled), but:

PR is issued to EEA citizens and their family members in UK under EEA regulations.
ILR is issued to non-EEA citizens and their family members in UK under UK immigration laws.
Thanks for that!.