ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application fee rejected by credit card company

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ak17
Newly Registered

Application fee rejected by credit card company

Post by Ak17 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:27 pm

Hello, I've been searching online for this and have found similar cases but no one seems to have posted what actions they took.

I submitted my application by post and got a call from the credit card company the next day about a potentially fraudulent transaction on my account. Unfortunately, that turned out to be my visa application fee. The credit card company said the transaction was listed as pending and, as I'd confirmed that it was real, it would go through if the merchant tried it again. There isn't, however, any way for the credit card company to get in touch with the Home Office.

I sent a letter via special delivery to UKBA the same day informing them of the situation and asking them to please try the card again. I also attached the payment sheet from the application. It's now been six days later and they haven't tried to take the payment again. I've spoken to two people on the helpline, both of whom said they have no visibility into the payment processing and most likely my application would be rejected as invalid but the payment and case worker teams are completely separate so it's possible that the decision wouldn't happen for several weeks and it could be quite a while before I get my documents back.

My question is basically has anyone had anything like this happen to them in the past? What did you do? Anyone know how to contact the payment processing centre? All I've managed to find out is that it's run by Siemens...

Thanks in advance.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:55 pm

most likely your application will be returned as invalid.
You need to apply again with up to date documents.
Using postal orders could save you from this hassle.

Ak17
Newly Registered

Post by Ak17 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Ironically, the reason I didn't use a cheque or postal order was because the payment processing time with a credit or debit card is faster... Really regretting that now!

elv15

Post by elv15 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:48 pm

You should have used a Bankers Draft, thats the fastest way of payment and is guranteed to go throu.

chunkybeefsoup

Post by chunkybeefsoup » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:54 pm

The guidance states one can pay either by cheque, debit or credit card -

there is no mention of using a bankers draft