ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse applying for Schengen visa from UK

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ehmud555

UK Spouse applying for Schengen visa from UK

Post by ehmud555 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Hey all,

I'm back on this forum for some more help heh. Would really appreciate if someone could help me out with this jargon asap, as I am already approaching to our days off work.

Well basically I am residing in the UK on a spouse visa issued to me from Pakistan as my wife is a British national, and I have been in the UK for about 6 months now. We have planned to take a holiday to spain and have just spoken to VFS Global who process visas for Spain Schengen who told me the list of documents I need to produce.

I have got all the documents at hand, but the confusion sets here.

We got married in Pakistan, and my Nikkah Nama had to be translated to English and then attested by the Foreign Ministry of Pakistan in order for my UK Spouse visa application.

I have that English translation of my Nikkah Nama on me with the stamps from Foreign Ministry of Pakistan, but VFS Global told me that I had to get it Legalised by the Pakistani Embassy in the UK for it to be submitted for my Spanish visa application.

Now first of all I would like to know does the Pakistani Embassy do these legalisations? and if so How much does it cost? and also How long does it take to do these legalisations as we are wanting to travel to spain by the end of March/beginning of April somehow.

Also I have tried calling the Pakistani Embassy and not very surprised for the fact that either their number is Busy or nobody picks up. So in other words can't get through to the Pakistani Embassy to confirm all my questions. Also does the Bradford branch of the Pakistani Consulate handle these legalisations?

Hope someone can help me out of this painful situation

Thanks in advance

Ahmed

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: UK Spouse applying for Schengen visa from UK

Post by ca.funke » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi ehmud555,

most probably you can manage to travel to Spain without any visa. See details >>here<<.

Next, you talk about the list that "VFS Global" told you to produce. It´d be nice if you shared this list, so everyone can talk about the same thing (they don´t always say the same, hence my question).

Last but not least you refer to "Nikkah Nama". I don´t know if I´m talking for anyone but me, but it may help if you shed light on what that (document?) might be?

Thanks and good luck!
Christian

ehmud555

Post by ehmud555 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:58 pm

Hey Christian - The documents they asked me to produce are the following:

- My passport - Wife's passport

- Proof of accomodation (i.e. Council Tax Letter/Utility bill)

- Marriage certificate (Legalised)

- 2 Passport sized photographs

- Application form

- Photocopies of all documents

That's all. I wouldn't risk traveling without a visa, because I am pretty sure you need one, as UK does not come in the Schengen states.

It is quite an adventurous card to play heh.

By the way, a Nikkah Nama is a marriage certificate produced in most Muslim countries, i.e. Pakistan.

Hope that helps, hope someone can help me out too please

Regards

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:58 am

Hi Ahmed,
ehmud555 wrote:I wouldn't risk traveling without a visa, because I am pretty sure you need one, as UK does not come in the Schengen states.

It is quite an adventurous card to play heh.
It´s adventurous, because border guards usually don´t know about it.

It´s risky, because sometimes they will ILLEGALLY send you back.

However, if you are well prepared and willing to stand in for your rights you have a realistic chance of passing through all checkpoints! You might just have to point out the law to the guards, who might take you into some back-room somewhere.

You are legally entitled to travel! So why not do it?

This has nothing to do with Schengen!

Unfortunately I don´t know anything about the legalisation of your marriage certificate, so I hope there´ll be more replies soon...

madeeha
Newly Registered

hello every one ,

Post by madeeha » Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:05 pm

i am new to this forum well i need a lil guidance regarding the spouse visa actually i have applied for my visa on 18 th of april at lahore in Pakistan and untill yet as the time duration of 12 weeks and 60 working days are over still no reply from the fed ex office or the embassy ...... what to do where to enquire the fed ex guys have no clue they just say wait n watch ... well my documents n asap the 6 months wage slips of my husband r attached with eac n every doceument they demanded for n important to mention my husband is british national ! ...... welll what to do ?
thanx if any one can help me with this or guide me a bit