ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MP statistics for Anti-Retrospectiveness Campaign, need help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bani

Post by bani » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:17 am

Thanks for the update. I didn't get a reply from my MP (David Howarth, Cambridge) but I'm happy to see he signed the EDM.

pluto
Newly Registered

Reply from Rob Wilson, MP Reading East

Post by pluto » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:18 am

I got a letter from Rob Wilson with enclosing a photocopy of a 'standard' HO letter from Tony Mcnulty dated 12 May!!

Rob Wilson wrote,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the problems you have experienced with changes to immigration law.

I have been contaced by a number of constituents regarding this matter and have already written to the Minister of Stae for Immigration to raise my concerns and I have enclosed a copy of the response recieved from him.

I am disappionted that the Home Office has been unwillingneess to maek concessions for individual who had already been granted leave to remian t the time that the legialation came into force. However, I broadly support te generaml direction of the legislation wich i believe will provide a more robust immigration system.

Yours sincerely,

Rob Wilson MP

a11

Post by a11 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:12 pm

pluto,
what you should do now is get back to your MP asap and let him know about the campaign focused specifically on introduction of transitional arrangements to HC1016. Tell him that you also support the legislation as such and it's only the lack of transitional arrangements that is devastating.
Let him know about Andrew Dismore's recent EDM2384 and his plans to open a debate. Ask him to speak openly at the debate about his (and your) disappointment.
Good luck!

PS Everyone else concerned, please act in a similar way. We need to make sure that if Dismore succeeds in initiating a debate in the Commons, there will be people to openly support him. It seems that the majority of MPs prefer just to write a letter to the HO and send back the reply. We shouldn't allow this to happen.

nonothing

Post by nonothing » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:04 am

updated on 20/06/2006

nonothing

Post by nonothing » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:59 am

updated on 21/06/2006

nonothing

Post by nonothing » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:58 am

updated on 26/06/2006

kangkang
Newly Registered

email to MP again

Post by kangkang » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:33 am

I just sent an email to my MP again. This time email went out straight away without any confirmation message. Just want to know if it's normal or I did not send my email out.

Miss Oceania
Newly Registered

Post by Miss Oceania » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:05 pm

Here is a reply received from a friend's MP - Paul Farrelly (Lab, Newcastle under Lyme)

"I received a reply from my MP today.

Dear Ms XXXXX,

Thank you for your recent letter in respect of the changes to the immigration rules.

When changes in legislation such as this are made there has to be a cut off point for the old legislation to end. This, unfortunately, does mean that there will inevitably be a few people who, in cases like this, will just miss the deadline for applications under the old rules.

There are occasions when a transitional period may be necessary to allow a completion of courses or training.

The changes in the rules do not prevent someone who is already living and working in the UK from continuing to do so and I am afraid, therefore, that I am unable to accede to your request to sign EDM 1992.

Yours sincerely/All the best,

Paul Farrelly

And then handwritten underneath;

NB: I am afraid that signing this EDM would have no effect whatsoever."

I just LOVE the NB :roll: [/quote]

nonothing

Post by nonothing » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:45 pm

this is the first ever MP reply we've seen which is exactly in line with the HO's tone. does that mean the labour gvnt has already given some instructions to the labour MPs on this issue?

200,000 = a few people?

nonothing

Post by nonothing » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:43 am

updated on 28/06/2006
updated on 27/06/2006