ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My profession is not defined in the codes of practice

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ivant74
Newly Registered

My profession is not defined in the codes of practice

Post by ivant74 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am Industrial Engineer and after finishing a Project Management Masters, I was granted PSW until Nov 2011.

I've been working for my employer since July 2010. I'm working as a Project Planning and Implementation Executive. I've checked the codes of practice and the job description that most closely matches my post is Planning Engineer. WIth an hourly rate of £12.62.

My current basic salary is £27000 plus performance related bonuses. My questions are:

1. Although my post is not planning engineer, can I still appply as one as the job description is roughly what I do now.

2. Will be my salary enough as they show hourly rates and my salary is cerified on a yearly basis?

Thanks.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:12 pm

As far as I know after having read the regulations, you will need to use the code for the NEAREST POSSIBLE MATCH for your job description. With that in mind, you should be able to use the code of Planning Engineer.

Am afraid I have no clue about the hourly wages part of yr question.We'll wait for the seniors here to respond to that.

jason23

Post by jason23 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:21 pm

As far as I know most hourly rates published were based on a 37.5 hour week so assuming you are on a 35 hour week
27000/52/35 = £ 14.84.. if you pro rata this to 37.5 hour week it would be £ 15.89 as your hourly rate.
This is my understanding, but I advise waiting on official documentation regarding any calculations.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 pm

if your job salary in code of practice is given as an hourly rate, then you must work backwards to finf out your hourly salary and make sure it is same or above the appropriate salary rate.

however if your salary is given as a figure like, 23k or something than thats what it must be mentioned on your COS by your employer.

cheers