ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

biometrics - how to count no. of working days?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rvked1
Newly Registered

biometrics - how to count no. of working days?

Post by rvked1 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Hi everyone, sorry if this seems like a stupid question - I got my biometrics letter on the 12th, the letter was dated 10th and I booked the appt for the 31st. They had appts on the 29th and 30th but 31st was the most convenient so I booked this. However, I've since been told that 31st is the 16th working day after the 10th, so I'll have problems - is this true. I thought the letter was dated 10th, so we started counting at 11th? Would be grateful for any advise!

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:33 pm

You can call their customer service number and confirm with them. When I had called they said that they are not following the 15 day rule because of the high number of applications.

bubin123
Member of Standing

Post by bubin123 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm

On the 2nd page of the letter, UKBA clearly says there will be no impact if the Biometric appointment happen after 15 days.