ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Visa validity while not working for the company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asrajesh
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa validity while not working for the company

Post by asrajesh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:38 pm

Hello all,

I am not sure if this topic is discussed here before. I checked the site but couldn’t find it.

Coming to the topic..

Right now I am working for a X company with the status of Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) sponsored by the X company. I am here with my family and they have Tier 2 spouse/ dependent visa under my Tier2. As I obtained a new in one of the Eu country, I am going to resign X company and joining the new company soon. All our visa’s are valid upto 2013.

My question is,

If I resign from the present company,

1. Is it possible to leave my family in the UK for 2 more months after resigning from the current company?
2. Is it possible for me to visit UK with the present visa in the future? (I mean after resigning from the present company) Note: I have a Indian passport
3. Is it possible for my family to stay in the UK until 2013? (as my son is doing his studies here)

Thanks in advance.

jason23

Re: Tier 2 (ES) Visa validity while not working for the comp

Post by jason23 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:56 pm

asrajesh wrote:Hello all,

I am not sure if this topic is discussed here before. I checked the site but couldn’t find it.

Coming to the topic..

Right now I am working for a X company with the status of Tier 2 (Employer Sponsored) sponsored by the X company. I am here with my family and they have Tier 2 spouse/ dependent visa under my Tier2. As I obtained a new in one of the Eu country, I am going to resign X company and joining the new company soon. All our visa’s are valid upto 2013.

My question is,

If I resign from the present company,

1. Is it possible to leave my family in the UK for 2 more months after resigning from the current company? No, unless they switch to another category2. Is it possible for me to visit UK with the present visa in the future? (I mean after resigning from the present company) Note: I have a Indian passport No the visa validity will terminate soon after you resign3. Is it possible for my family to stay in the UK until 2013? (as my son is doing his studies here) No, unless he can switch into another category.

Thanks in advance.

asrajesh
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by asrajesh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:59 pm

@jason23

Thanks for your quick answer

psw2009
Member of Standing

?

Post by psw2009 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:06 pm

could not find Jason response can you please repeat again jason thanks

asrajesh
Newly Registered

Post by asrajesh » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:09 pm

@psw2009

Here is Jasons answer in bold

1. Is it possible to leave my family in the UK for 2 more months after resigning from the current company?
No, unless they switch to another category
2. Is it possible for me to visit UK with the present visa in the future? (I mean after resigning from the present company) Note: I have a Indian passport
No the visa validity will terminate soon after you resign
3. Is it possible for my family to stay in the UK until 2013? (as my son is doing his studies here)
No, unless he can switch into another category.