ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Gen - Sole Trader/Self Emp Proof of Income -URGENT !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madison81
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Gen - Sole Trader/Self Emp Proof of Income -URGENT !

Post by madison81 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:22 pm

Hi,
I am applying for Tier 1 General (Initial) on 29th March (by post)
I earn £30,000 through my employment and I am a registerd Sole Trader with HMRC.
I have a Employment Salary Account where my wage goes in and I will use to show my maintenence funds.
I have another personal account in which I deposited my self employe earnings in december
I opened a new business account and have been depositing the cash received through self employment in business account.

Can I show my personal bank statements along with my business account statement to claim points for my self employed earnings? I will attach the accountants letter with HMRC docs. what other documents do i require? Employers Liability Insurance?

Can anyone advise please? I am really confused.

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:18 pm

As a proof of your self employment, If you have received utr number then you need to send it with your application. If you haven't received it yet, then you can send the NI bills. Employers liability is not needed and will not be accepted as per HO guidance.

Do yourself a favor and read the guidance. It will answer all your questions.

You can use as many accounts as you wish to prove your earnings. However since you have been depositing earnings by yourself in cash, be prepared to have your application scrutinized heavily by UKBA.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:25 pm

You need to provide invoices against all the payments credited into your accounts

antony

Post by antony » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:27 pm

rizwan567 wrote:You need to provide invoices against all the payments credited into your accounts
Rizwan, thanks for this. However please can you clarify if an individual is operating through a Limited company need to provide both Invoices and Dividend vouchers to show the Gross earnings and Net income in Business bank account and personal bank account.

If so, Does both Invoices and Dividend vouchers need to be signed by the company secretary or the Accountant? please advice.
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 am

I am not sure but i think you it is not mandatory to show dividend payments. But its better if you show dividend payments to your personal bank account from business account. There is a standard pattren of dividend vouchers which your account should help you with.

Invoices need not be stamped by anybody. These are just to verify if the earnings are ligid.