ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian passport - when to apply renewal?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

beatallica

Indian passport - when to apply renewal?

Post by beatallica » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Last edited by beatallica on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Get your Tier 1 extended/renewed on your old/current passport and then apply for the new passport. You will have to maintain your old passport (with the new Tier 1/valid visa) along with your new passport whenever you pass thru the UK Border

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Indian passport - when to apply renewal?

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:01 pm

beatallica wrote:My tier 1 expires in Dec 10
I hope that's a typo error ... else you are already an overstayer.

beatallica wrote:my indian passport has expiry of Jun 2011
Re-issue of passport wrote:A new passport can be issued on the expiry, or up to one year before expiry of any passport which had an initial validity of 10 years.

In case more than one year has elapsed since the expiry of the passport you will also need to submit an affidavit in the prescribed format from a Notary Public or Solicitor authorised to administer oath stating that you have not acquired British Nationality and a letter from the British Home office confirming the same.
So, you can apply for re-issue of passport - without the need to provide affidavit and UKBA letter - before June 2012.

If you do not plan to travel between Jun 2011 and either the expiry date of your current Tier 1 leave or Jun 2012 (whichever is earlier), then apply for passport renewal before the date of the event (expiry of Tier 1 leave or Jun 2012) that occurs first.

Or apply for passport renewal now! Carry both passports (one that is re-issued and one that contains the visa) until the date you apply for extension. Once issued extension, no need to carry old/expired passport.

Your choice.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

antony

Post by antony » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:57 pm

Rightly said. You need to carry both the passports (old and new) when you pass through the UKBA (ports).
If the opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.

Tier1Dependant_chennai
Newly Registered

Passport reissued & Visa expiry

Post by Tier1Dependant_chennai » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Firstly I would like to thank and appreciate this forum for great job.

Please could you advise me below queries.

1. My(Indian) passport(old) is expiring on July 2011, so I got my passport(new) reissued. Is there any requirement to change my visa status(Tier 1 General) to new passport? or I just need to carry both the passports on port of entry?

2. My visa(Tier 1 General) will expire on Sep 2011, In the meantime, I would require to travel to India to visit my family. Please can you advise if any minimum visa validity period required to enter into UK or I 'm allowed to enter as long as I have valid visa.

Many thanks.

krazydude
Member of Standing

Post by krazydude » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:10 am

1. My(Indian) passport(old) is expiring on July 2011, so I got my passport(new) reissued. Is there any requirement to change my visa status(Tier 1 General) to new passport? or I just need to carry both the passports on port of entry?

No need to transfer visa to new passport, if you carry both passports with you when you travel.

2. My visa(Tier 1 General) will expire on Sep 2011, In the meantime, I would require to travel to India to visit my family. Please can you advise if any minimum visa validity period required to enter into UK or I 'm allowed to enter as long as I have valid visa.
You can enter as long as you have a valid visa.

Tier1Dependant_chennai
Newly Registered

Thank you

Post by Tier1Dependant_chennai » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.
krazydude wrote:

No need to transfer visa to new passport, if you carry both passports with you when you travel.

You can enter as long as you have a valid visa.