ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rensal

change of passport

Post by Rensal » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:13 pm

hi there,

can someone answer my query below:

i have recived Tier1 G visa recently and everything is good.
but i only noticed that my new indina passport had my mother's name spelt incorrect.

now if it doesnt bother me in any sense, i would like to get it right just in case i want to invite her to visit me in london.

but if i request inidan embassy to issue me a new passport with her correct name would i have to inform UKBA and go through the process again?

any thoughts would be much appreciated.

thanks

Rensal

s_saini
India

Hi

Post by s_saini » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Hi Rensal

You can request to change mothers name on passport. They do nothing, just stamp on one page that xyz information is changed zxy on your passport. We have done the same in 2009. I am not sure about current procedure in place.

Regard

main_2
Newly Registered

Post by main_2 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:44 am

as long as you keep your old passport with your visa on it, it is fine. At the customs you just show both of them. That's what I am doing.
(in the process of cancellation of old passport, do not make them stamp anything on your visa though, that page'd better be untouched)

Rensal

Post by Rensal » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:45 pm

thanks guys,

as long as i dont have to go and apply tier1 again or pay carzy £1000 or so to UKBA as a result of getting my mothers name correct on passport, i am happy.

your thoughts here are useful.

i will visit indian embassy soon to get my mother's name corrected.

i hope they dont ask me to issue a new passport.

rensal