ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP Extension Application and ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raj4uk
Newly Registered

WP Extension Application and ILR

Post by raj4uk » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:22 am

Hello,
My current leave expires on 3rd July 2006 and current employer has applied for the Work Permit Extension, I am not sure when I will get the decision on the WP Extension Application, but afraid that if it gets delayed say beyond 3rd July 2006 and then I send my Passport for FLR(IED), would Home Office consider my FLR(IED) Application, secondly if they stamp the passport and there is a lapse in the dates(say from 6th July 2006), will it create problem in getting ILR because of the gap in the dates for the VISA.

Very upset about the current situation, can some one help on this.

Regards
Raj

andhraguy

Re: WP Extension Application and ILR

Post by andhraguy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:11 am

raj4uk wrote:Hello,
but afraid that if it gets delayed say beyond 3rd July 2006 and then I send my Passport for FLR(IED), would Home Office consider my FLR(IED) Application
Regards
Raj
When your application is in process with HO your status will be treated as same as the status before applying until the HO makes a decision.

i.e As long as you apply for your WP extention before 3rd July that should be fine . Even if the HO makes a decision in end of July still you are legal.

So , don't worry at all.

raj4uk
Newly Registered

Post by raj4uk » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:02 am

Hello Andhraguy,
Thanks for your reply, I feel quite relieved now. Will this cause any problem in getting ILR which is due in March 2009.

Thanks in advance
Raj

andhraguy

Post by andhraguy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:34 am

raj4uk wrote:Hello Andhraguy,
Will this cause any problem in getting ILR which is due in March 2009.
Not at all.

moni69
Newly Registered

WP Extension

Post by moni69 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:36 pm

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on the following :-

(a) My WP expires on 19-04-08 and I complete my 5 years on 19-04-08
(i) Will I have to apply for ILR only. or my employer will have to apply for my WP extension??

(b) Will the WP extension be simply enough for the employer, or will it be on "point bases system"

regards

Biggie

Re: WP Extension

Post by Biggie » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:40 pm

moni69 wrote:Hi,

Can anyone advise me on the following :-

(a) My WP expires on 19-04-08 and I complete my 5 years on 19-04-08
(i) Will I have to apply for ILR only. or my employer will have to apply for my WP extension??

(b) Will the WP extension be simply enough for the employer, or will it be on "point bases system"

regards
Moni69,

You will have 28 days before your WP expires to apply for ILR as you attain the 5 year mark and your employer does not get involed in that.

moni69
Newly Registered

Re: WP Extension

Post by moni69 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:46 pm

[/quote]

Moni69,

You will have 28 days before your WP expires to apply for ILR as you attain the 5 year mark and your employer does not get involed in that.[/quote]

What if (god forbid!!!) the application for ILR is rejected...in that case the deadline for getting a WP extension will also pass.....and the status will become illegal - as per my understand.

please advise.

thanks in advance

raj4uk
Newly Registered

Again new problem with WP Extension

Post by raj4uk » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:07 pm

Hello,
My Employer had filed for Work Permit extension on 12th June 2006(My current leaves expires on 3rd July 2006), but since my employer changed the company address it has been delayed and I am not sure when it will come through, Since I need to travel after 2-3 weeks and can not wait until then, so I am thinking to change the employer who can make the fresh application for my WP and asking the current employer to withdraw my application. If I do so, would there be any problem in getting the FLR(IED) stamp on my Passport and eventually in getting ILR later . Please share your viewes.

Cheers
Raj

moni69
Newly Registered

Post by moni69 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:20 am

As far as I know, I think that the rules are that you should be in a continuos employment for 5 yrs (the same job or a combination, i'm not sure), but you can have a combination permits, like HSMP, and work permit,
i.e. if you have worked on a HSMP for 2 rs and on a work-permit for 3 yrs, it will count as one 5 yrs slot which is fine for the ILR.

make sure that you don't go out of the country for 6 months (in total) in these 5 yrs.

best of luck !!!