ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Under tier4 visa you allowed to run business

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Harison
BANNED

Under tier4 visa you allowed to run business

Post by Harison » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:54 am

I want to know under tier4 student visa. Are International student NON-EEA allowed to run ebay business (which is online business). On paper it doesn't show you are running the ebay business but through paypal account money comes into your bank account and money goes out from bank account.

So does student faces any problem if he runs ebay business and in future can he apply for other visa in UK only with the bank statement showing paypal transactions everyday money coming in and money going out for ebay business?

Please advice.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:30 am

As per law, you can only do 10/20 hours job on Tier 4 visa. You cannot do business or be self-employed. And doing business in UK is not 'just like that' thing. You are legally bound to register with HM Revenue & customs, holds a business bank account and may be with VAT authrities. Otherwise it may come under criminal violation.

If you are doing business on eBay and it will come to UKBA knowledge from wherever i.e bank/eBay/HM revenue/Paypal/somebody, or they track from their own resources, you will be deported from UK with 10 years further entry ban as it is a serious violation of your immigration conditions.

Example is a student who just playing cricket and getting paid from the club been recently deported and banned for 10 years.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:38 am

Thank you kkj....for your advice

Its not about me I am asking for my cousin he studied with me in same university and same course we both came to UK together. I found part time job 20 hours per week and he couldn't find the job some he started selling item on ebay with his local friend (British guy) in partnership with him.

He is saying that in bank statement it doesn't show that money is coming from ebay (like you running the business). In the bank statement its show money is coming through paypal account. He is saying paypal is a account in which money comes went you sale some item on ebay and then you transfer that money into your bank account through online banking.

The problem he is facing that the moment is he wants to apply for psw with Bank statement showing all that Paypal transaction every day amount like £200, £300, £150, £350 coming in and money going out. So Can he used that Bank statement to fulfil the maintainance requirement of £800 for 90 days.

Please advice.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:08 am

At the moment, UKBA trying their best to track / or paying special attention to students who are working in following four fields as they are in breach of their immigration conditions:

1.) eBay sellers
2.) PCO Cab drivers
3.) Professional Sportsman/Model
4.) IT/Computing Consultants

Lot of students are working and making illegle money from the above fields. Many of them are criminals as per law coz they don't pay taxes/VAT and never file personal tax returns/VAT registration. You can see many reports/studies online about this.

So as long as those guys are hidden from the HMRC/HO/UKBA eyes its good for them. But they can be catched anytime and punnished as per criminal/immigration laws.

In your friend case, PayPal is an eBay company. Its very famous and almost everybody knows in UK/EU about thier function and connection with online selling. Anybody, including UKBA case workers, can easily track it from the bank statement that you are an eBay seller as money comes through PayPal frequently.

So you can easily imagin that what would be the situation if you submit this bank statement with your visa application and they will figure it out. Also, your friend can be catched anytime by HMRC officials if he is in violation of tax laws as per usual eBay sellers with student visa.
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

Harison
BANNED

Post by Harison » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:29 pm

thanks alot for your advice. Much appreciated. I got your point. Is there any way you think he can use this bank statement?

Can he apply in this way by taking a risk : He submit his application with the bank statement (with paypal transaction showing) and hoping everything goes fine and they don't catch this paypal transaction and he gets his PSW visa
OR
if they catch it and ask why most of the day you are having paypal transaction of this much money then he replies saying that he got a paypal account his dad transfer money in lum sum or may be fixed amount of money and then he transfer the money to his bank account as per his requirement every day?

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:54 pm

Harison wrote:thanks alot for your advice. Much appreciated. I got your point. Is there any way you think he can use this bank statement?

Can he apply in this way by taking a risk : He submit his application with the bank statement (with paypal transaction showing) and hoping everything goes fine and they don't catch this paypal transaction and he gets his PSW visa
OR
if they catch it and ask why most of the day you are having paypal transaction of this much money then he replies saying that he got a paypal account his dad transfer money in lum sum or may be fixed amount of money and then he transfer the money to his bank account as per his requirement every day?
well that would be deception would it not, if most of the day he is having pay pal transactions is he studying at all would be the next question?
Last edited by pennylessinindia on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pennyless

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Under tier4 visa you allowed to run business

Post by geriatrix » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Harison wrote:Are International student NON-EEA allowed to run ebay business (which is online business).
Tier 4 migrants cannot be self-employed. Period!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:08 pm

The is no question about they will catch it or not. All money will be clearly marked in the bank statement that its came through PayPal which is an eBay company who specifically created to deals eBay financial transactions. So there is 99% risk. 1% luck space is there only if your case lands in hands of a stupid enough case worker which is alomost impossible as now a days application goes through atleast 3-4 hands.

Secondly, if UKBA detect those transactions, your friend will be in his home country within no time with 10 years ban if deported. If he is in violation of business/taxation laws many other punishments are possible as well.

About the dady trick, you said everyday transaction is like £200, £300, £150 and £350. It can be more or less. If we take an average of £250 per day, it will become £7500 a month, £90000 a year. Its a huge amount for a dady or a person who is here on student visa. They can call PayPal statements or get information directly from Paypal about where the money is coming from. They will detect all dads who are tranferring money in that PayPal account with different amounts and accounts and the reason behind. Once detected there is no chance to escape at all as there is no further proof required. Everything has been recorded electronically by eBay, PayPal and Bank.