ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK ILR - (1) Resuming settlement (2) Visa for new born baby

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hardikrs
Newly Registered

UK ILR - (1) Resuming settlement (2) Visa for new born baby

Post by hardikrs » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:00 am

Hello everyone,

I have 2 questions regarding my ILR for UK and resuming settlement in the UK.

I was granted Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK in July 2009. My wife and my son also have ILR.

I then had to move out of the UK in August 2009, and I moved to US (temporarily) for work related reasons, and I currently live in the US, since October 2009. My daughter was born in the US in January 2011 and she is an US citizen.

I am planning to go back to the UK (for resuming my settlement) along with my entire family in May 2011.

My questions are:

(1) Would I, my wife and my son require any visas for resuming settlement in the UK (I will be returning within 2 years of leaving the UK) ?

(2) My new born daughter is an US Citizen, and does not have any UK visa or UK ILR. Would she required an visa for entering the UK ? Can I apply for her UK ILR from one of the UK consulates in the US

Thank you very much for your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:35 am

1. No.

2. Yes. Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hardikrs
Newly Registered

Post by hardikrs » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:44 pm

How and where in US can I apply for my new born daughter's ILR ? What supporting documents would be required ?

Thanks a lot for your help !!!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Click on the links given in response above.

regards

hardikrs
Newly Registered

Post by hardikrs » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:48 pm

The background of my case is given above:

The information from UKBA's offical helpdesk says that I have to show proof of my income and my proof of accomodation for my new born daughter's settlement visa application

I have an employment offer letter that confirms what my salary is going to be once I go back to the UK (I am going back for a new job). Is it ok if I submit the new offer letter which mentions my base salary as proof of my income (as a part of supporting documents) ? I do not have any other proof of income as I will be joining my UK job only after I go back to the UK

Also, I will be staying with my cousin for the first week in UK. Can I attach his tenancy agreement as proof of my accomodation in the UK ? I will be letting an accomodation after I go back to the UK.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:31 pm

Yes and yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

hardikrs
Newly Registered

Request for further guidance on new born baby's settl visa

Post by hardikrs » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:54 pm

As mentioned above, I and my wife already have ILR. We are currently in the US and are planning to go back to the UK with a new born baby who was born in the US and who is an US citizen.

I am filling in the Settlement visa form for my daughter

With the situation mentioned above, I will be supporting my daughter financially. To prove my financial capability, I will be submitting my job offer letter (that clearly mentions my base salary).

Also, I will be submitting a letter from my friend that he will accommodating me, mywife and my daughter in his residence (plus his tenancy agreement and utility bills).

With the above situation, I have the following questions:

(1) There is a full section in form VAF4A on YOUR SPONSOR (Section 8.2, 8.3). Should I give my details as the sponsor (because I will be supporting my daughter financially) ? or should it be my friend who will be accommodating us for the initial 2-3 months ?

(2) There is a section on SPONSOR'S CURRENT FINANCES AND EMPLOYMENT (SECTION 8.7). Is it ok for me to put my future details in this section ? I mean, can I put what will I earn in UK, what will I spend in UK, and my future employment start date etc. ?

Many thanks for your answers, I sincerely appreciate this.

Best Regards

hardikrs
Newly Registered

(1) SU07 (2) Premium Processing

Post by hardikrs » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Dear All,

Thank you so much for all your help so far...

Yesterday I filled in the settlement visa application form for my daughter online (VAF04).

(1) I am the sponsor for my daughter and I am currently in the US with her...we will be staying with my friend in the UK for the initial period of around 6 weeks while I look for our own accommodation. My friend is currently in the UK and I have a letter from him for this. In this situation, am I (or my friend) required to fill in Sponsorship Undertaking form SU07 ?

(2) When I filled in the online form VAF04, I was not given an option for premium processing. So, I went ahead with the normal processing, but I really want to apply for premium processing. Can I now pay the extra amount and apply for the premium processing ? (I have filled in the online form and have taken the print out, but have not yet sent the print out plus supporting documents).

Again, thank you very much for all your help.

vinny

Re: (1) SU07 (2) Premium Processing

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:15 am

hardikrs wrote:In this situation, am I (or my friend) required to fill in Sponsorship Undertaking form SU07 ?
No.

hardikrs
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by hardikrs » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Thanks to all moderators and all contributors for their help...My daughter has now got the Settlement visa, your guidance was so very helpful.