ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exit Stamps on Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fabio11

Exit Stamps on Passport

Post by fabio11 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Hi Guys,
I want to apply for naturalization. In the form I need to put dates of absence from UK.
I travelled home six times and I have stamps fo entry into UK on my passport but no exit stamps and also no entry or exit stamps from my home country.
I never stayed more than 7 days in home country (except once when i stayed for almost 85 days)

For ILR I had the same problem and the lady at Birmingham office asked her manager about this and entered some random dates on my form and asked me to sign those dates.

Now in AN form I have enetered dates for entry into UK but not for exit as I dont remeber which dates in Birmingham office that lady had put on the form so I dont want to have different dates.

I am wondering whether my application will have some problems due to this?

Thanks very much for your help.
Last edited by fabio11 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:26 pm

John and Sushedmehta
Can you please help with my query?

Also my ILR stamp is on old passport whereas I have new passport, do I need to apply to change the stamp on new passport?
How do you apply and how much it cost?

Thanks again

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Dear Moderator
Can someone please answer my question?
Thanks

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm

hello guys
136 views and still no response?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Exit Stamps on Passport

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:43 pm

fabio11 wrote:For ILR I had the same problem and the lady at Birmingham office asked her manager about this and entered some random dates on my form and asked me to sign those dates.
You should have made a note of those dates, for use in future (e.g. - naturalisation).

I cannot say that if you put any dates (at random) in the naturalisation application, whether or not they will be checked with your ILR application or any records held by UKBA for the purpose. And if they are checked and do not match, whether it will or will not have an adverse affect on the application.

Not sure if you can request a copy of your ILR application through SAR. No harm in trying though!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Thanks for your reply. I dont think I have time for SAR application thus I will leave the exit dates blank and explain in a cover letter.
Can you please answer my seconf question about how to change ILR ticket from old to new passport?

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Fabio, you don't need to transfer the ILR to the new passport, and also, as you will become British citizen, your visa will be irrelevant.

fabio11

Post by fabio11 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:45 pm

Thanks Glauco, as always its much appreciated.
Some more question you might be able to asnwer
I passed my life in uk test last year. The test centre gave me a pass certificate but later that day son of my friend torn that into two pieces.
I asked test centre to issue me a copy but they said they dont issue a copy.
Now I am thinking of using sellotape to put LIUK certificate together and send with my application. I am not sure if it will have an adverse affect on my application?

Due to tight time limit I am thinkin of using a courier service to deliver my application next day. Do home office accept Couriers or you need to use Royal mail?

Thanks again.

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:20 am

fabio11 wrote: Due to tight time limit I am thinkin of using a courier service to deliver my application next day. Do home office accept Couriers or you need to use Royal mail?
Royal Mail Special Delivery promises delivery by 1pm next day. If you pay extra, they will deliver your mail before 9am.

gajenb7
Newly Registered

Post by gajenb7 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi Fabio,

I have the same issue as you, i only have records coming into the uk because my passport is stamped at immigration. I have no stamps leaving the uk or getting into my home country (malaysia)

I requested the sar but it does not contain all of my travels. when u applied for your ilr, how did you prove the number if absent days from the uk if you did not have proof of dates you left? Did they ask you for any proof?

BTW hope your neutralisation has gone throught ok!!