ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant visa Please Help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

subins
Newly Registered
India

Tier 1 Dependant visa Please Help

Post by subins » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:57 am

I got my Tier 1 visa in Jan 2011. I will be travelling to UK by March end. Now i'm planning to apply for my wife. I have couple of questions.

1) I'm planning to show maintenance fund like this.
My Bank statement showing my bank balance (4 main applicant fund).
FD bank statement which is a joint account of my wife and her father.(4 dependent fund).
Will this be acceptable?
2) I am yet to travel to UK. My visa is valid from 23 Mar 2011. Is it fine if I apply for dependent visa even before my visa validity starts?

Please help.

subins
Newly Registered
India

Post by subins » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:26 pm

Somebody Please reply.

puneetdwd

Post by puneetdwd » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi Subins,

1) I think it should be fine but make sure you get a letter from the Bank stating Liquidity of Fund (i.e your FD is encasheable anytime you require)

Also make sure that you show £2800 + £ 1600 for each dependent, if you have not yet entered UK. If you already in UK and applying for depedent that £1600+ £800.

2) I am not sure if its ok to apply dependent visa before your visa validity start. Experts in the forum can answer this best.
However, if there is not much rush , I would suggest its better to apply once you visa validity start.

All The Best,

Cheers
I got my Tier 1 visa in Jan 2011. I will be travelling to UK by March end. Now i'm planning to apply for my wife. I have couple of questions.

FD bank statement which is a joint account of my wife and her father.(4 dependent fund).
Will this be acceptable?
2) I am yet to travel to UK. My visa is valid from 23 Mar 2011. Is it fine if I apply for dependent visa even before my visa validity starts?
P

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Dependant visa Please Help

Post by geriatrix » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:18 pm

subins wrote:Is it fine if I apply for dependent visa even before my visa validity starts?
Yes.

regards

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 Dependant visa Please Help

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:13 pm

subins wrote:I got my Tier 1 visa in Jan 2011. I will be travelling to UK by March end. Now i'm planning to apply for my wife. I have couple of questions.

Will this be acceptable?

u may face probles if ho looks care fully becouse father in law is not included in showing maint fund . risky area to go

yes

Please help.
CDOKS

subins
Newly Registered
India

Post by subins » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:01 pm

Thanks puneetdwd, sushdmehta and Sushil for their reply.
Now, coming monday (21st Mar) I am going to apply for Dependent visa for my wife.
I will be travelling on Thursday (24th Mar).
I am worried about the fact that, by the time they start processing my wife's application, I will be in UK. Will this create any problem?

I am also worried about applying with a Joint account of my Wife with her Father for her Maintenance fund. (I will be showing my account for my Maintenance fund).

Please reply.

Thanks in advance

subins
Newly Registered
India

Post by subins » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:50 am

Please reply as I'm planning to apply Tomorrow.

JiDan
Newly Registered

Same Query

Post by JiDan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi Subin/ Everyone,

I'm in a very similar position, except that my visa validity started from Aug '10. Although I made a trip to UK 6 months back, I did not take up the job opportunities that came along. Now I'm in India and planning to move back to UK by May. The clauses in VAF 10 from 7.14 - 7.19 are worrying us. Is it mandatory for me to be in UK and working there before I apply for my wife's dependent visa?

Kindly help us out.

J.

subins
Newly Registered
India

Post by subins » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:49 am

I took a chance using the documents mentioned above and by gods grace, we got Visa.

Thank you all for all your advice.

Joe

Kaleem
Newly Registered

Post by Kaleem » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi Subins,

Congrats for your visa. Actually I am in approx same situationa s you. I got Tier1 on Jan, 11 and planning to go to UK by 2nd week of May. Now before going I am applying for my wifes dependent visa. I got married in Dec 2008. I have arrange following marriage proof docs
Nikkah Nama (english+urdu)
NADRA Translation
Wedding pics (9 pics some couple some group of both marriage and valima)

Is it enough marriage prrof

Kindly reply me urgently as I have booked date of tomorrow

Kaleem