ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR + ILR Applications for Dependents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp2006

FLR + ILR Applications for Dependents

Post by hsmp2006 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:27 am

Hi

I guess and hope someone has already gone through this situation and I'll get to hear some useful responses.

I will complete my 5 years in UK in Dec 2011 and hence applying for ILR in Nov 2011. In the meantime, my wife and I are planning to have our first baby outside UK. My wife is leaving UK in Apr 2011. She is not planning to return until end of Oct 2011.

What is the best way to apply for Visa extension for my wife and baby? Straight forward way I can think of is:

1. Apply for FLR for baby from outside UK
2. Once they are in UK, apply for ILR together in one application

Time difference between FLR and ILR applications for the baby will be just few days (1-2 weeks at the max).

I know that it will be a different case if baby is born in UK, but is there any other better way to approach this situation?

Regards,
hsmp2006.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:33 am

If baby is born outside the UK, then baby may apply for a dependant entry clearance, not FLR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hsmp2006

Post by hsmp2006 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:51 am

vinny wrote:If baby is born outside the UK, then baby may apply for a dependant entry clearance, not FLR.
Thanks Vinny. You are right, ofcourse it has to be Entry Clearance. However, my original issue was paying fee twice.

If I am not wrong, "Tier 1 general applicant - dependants only" visa needs to be applied for baby that costs about 800£ (from Apr 2011). Then within 1-2 weeks I need to apply for dependent ILR from UK that costs 675£ more for each dependent.

I was looking for any other means of cutting down double fee. I thought of visitor visa, but then I was told that visitor visa can't be converted to Tier-1 dependent unless applicants goes out of UK and re-apply.

Any useful thoughts please?

Regards,
hsmp2006.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:54 am

That's one of the disadvantages of having the baby born outside the UK.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

hsmp2006

Post by hsmp2006 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:58 am

vinny wrote:That's one of the disadvantages of having the baby born outside the UK.
Well, can't compromise on few things in life I guess :) Thanks Vinny.