ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP+Tier1 extension= 5 years 5 months

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

[iD]

HSMP+Tier1 extension= 5 years 5 months

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:55 am

My friend initially had HSMP for 2 years (not covered by JR). His extension as a Tier 1 migrant was refused for some reason and he had to appeal against it. Court ruled in his favour which took 5 months but he got the extension. Extension was issued from the date of court ruling which makes the extension as 3 years 5 months.

Just to clarify if it isnt a mistake on UKBA's behalf and if he would get in any trouble if he spends more than 5 years on it.

Kind regards
Goodluck.

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: HSMP+Tier1 extension= 5 years 5 months

Post by cheshiregoan » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:06 am

[iD] wrote:My friend initially had HSMP for 2 years (not covered by JR). His extension as a Tier 1 migrant was refused for some reason and he had to appeal against it. Court ruled in his favour which took 5 months but he got the extension. Extension was issued from the date of court ruling which makes the extension as 3 years 5 months.

Just to clarify if it isnt a mistake on UKBA's behalf and if he would get in any trouble if he spends more than 5 years on it.

Kind regards
What's the problem?

An applicant is allowed to stay in the country legally on terms of his/her last valid visa for as long as the application is under process.

As long as your friend submitted his application before his visa expired, he has nothing to worry about.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

[iD]

Re: HSMP+Tier1 extension= 5 years 5 months

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:20 pm

cheshiregoan wrote:
[iD] wrote:My friend initially had HSMP for 2 years (not covered by JR). His extension as a Tier 1 migrant was refused for some reason and he had to appeal against it. Court ruled in his favour which took 5 months but he got the extension. Extension was issued from the date of court ruling which makes the extension as 3 years 5 months.

Kind regards
What's the problem?

An applicant is allowed to stay in the country legally on terms of his/her last valid visa for as long as the application is under process.

As long as your friend submitted his application before his visa expired, he has nothing to worry about.

You didn't get what I asked I guess, I am not talking about when he submitted his application or his status while his case is in the being considered.

Normally, length of leave awarded for HSMP+TIER1 combination is 5 years and that's it but in some cases UKBA made an error and gave people more leave than they should have and then later they came back blaming the applicant for not letting them know of their error.

All he wants to confirm is if this combination (HSMP+TIER1) of more than 5 years could be an error on UKBA's behalf or it's a normal practice for cases that were fought in courts.
Goodluck.

Post by 1971 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi,

Once your friends meets the 5 years condition counting from the day he entered the UK, he should be fine. Cheers.
"Whoever has the Gold makes the rules. I wear the clothes, they don't wear me."

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:08 pm

1971 wrote:Hi,

Once your friends meets the 5 years condition counting from the day he entered the UK, he should be fine. Cheers.
Thanks for the reply but it doesn't answer the query above.
Goodluck.