ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Past Earnings - correct period

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pratibha
Newly Registered

Past Earnings - correct period

Post by pratibha » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:14 am

Hi,

My past earnings in India from March 05 to Feb 06 meet the criteria for points for past earnings. I moved to the UK in April 06 and haven't been working to date (Jun 06) in the UK. I have a job offer now and I want to apply for HSMP.
I am not sure how the past earnings will be calulated since I have not been working for the last 4 months. Will it be calulated on a pro-rata basis using my earnings in India? Does the 'living/working in more than one country' clause apply in my case, even though I haven't been earning for 4 months?

thanks,
Pratibha

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:02 pm

You need to provide evidence of earnings for the last 12 months from the date the HSMP application is received by HO. If you have been out of work during these last 12 months, the income will be taken as NIL for those months. You being out of a job is a personal issue.

Only if you have been studying for a full-time course in the last 12 months, then does HO consider the earnings for 12 months immediately prior to you becoming a student.

regards