ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self employment invoices detail

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wayblock

self employment invoices detail

Post by wayblock » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Please help me on this question. I've to show £35k income. I'm showing half of this from my salary and half from self employment. I have all invoices ready I've put just client's address on the invoices there is no clients phone number and emails on invoices, so do I need to add a separat sheet where I write all of my clients full detail include their contact phone numbers and email addresses, is it important giving clients full detail or do you think invoices are enough. Many Thanks

Celtic

Post by Celtic » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:50 pm

It is an applicant's responsibility to provide enough information to HO so the earnings can be verified. If HO can't verify your earnings, these earnings will not be considered. Simple

On tier 1 form, in employment earnings section, you are asked to provide contact details. Put all the contact information there like email and phone/fax number.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:43 am

wayblock, what is the nature of your self-employment? After all the term could mean almost anything.

The nature of the evidence would vary considerably! Are you running a corner shop? Are you an undertaker? Or what?
John

teddy0409

Post by teddy0409 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:20 pm

where I write all of my clients full detail include their contact phone numbers and email addresses, is it important giving clients full detail or do you think invoices are enough

If you can provide client's addresses, please provide their contact details including land line number (if not mobile number/email address)

I wish you do not want to take any chance, and end up in loosing those earnings from your earning chart, if UKBA cannot verify.
If Not We, Then Who?

wayblock

Post by wayblock » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:37 pm

Thanks for your replies.

John My job title is an IT programmer and the nature of my business is also IT. I have done good work for few of my clients but about some clients I'm just worried if I provide their full detail and if HO ring them and if HO didn't get any reply from them like few of my clients are restaurants and they only open in eve after 5.30pm, One of my client is artist and she is away most time in berlin and she said her uk number would be off whilst there and its same few of other clients. So I'm bit worried on these issues. Please advice. Many Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:11 pm

I think all you can do is to include a sheet showing some details about the clients, for example they are a restaurant only open after 5.30.pm, and hope that works.

What about the tax aspects of your self-employment? The business registered with HMRC?
John

wayblock

Post by wayblock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks John,

thats good idea, I think I should add sheet with all the details and in case of restaurants could write them with timings. Yes I'm registered as self employee with HMRC and got all paper work like UTR, NI bills etc and the accountant is also ACCA registered. Many Thanks