ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General 2nd Extension (FLR)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Tier 1 General 2nd Extension (FLR)

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:50 am

Hi,

I got my entry clearance on 5 Sep 2007. I landed in UK on 20 Oct 2007. Since I was unaware about the 28 days rule for Indefinite.

Now the situation is I have already extended my visa once for three years. My initial visa was of 2 years. Even after the current expiry of the visa, I wouldn't be able to complete my five years in UK. Here is my question;

1. Am I allowed to apply for 2nd extension?
2. If this is the case, the 2nd FLR extension will be granted for how much time, two or three years?
3. In course of completion of time, if someone get some points on his/her licence then he/she has to wait for another four years before the points are removed from licence to apply for ILR. In this case, another extension will be needed. What is the policy on this?

I am sure many of us are facing these real life problems.

Waiting for advise

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:28 am

1. Under current rules, you may extend as many times you wish.
2. See 245D. Period and conditions of grant.
3. Another extension - if the leave expires within the "rehabilitation period" - to remain in the UK until the rehabilitation period is spent and then be eligible for settlement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:15 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. Under current rules, you may extend as many times you wish.
3. Another extension - if the leave expires within the "rehabilitation period" - to remain in the UK until the rehabilitation period is spent and then be eligible for settlement.
Thanks for the swift advise...

mk357
Member of Standing

Post by mk357 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:44 pm

zahid.ali.anwar wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:1. Under current rules, you may extend as many times you wish.
Thanks for the swift advise...
I think you might be able to extend the visa if it is for a few days under the HSMP JR policy without any fee. All you need to send your passport to the designated person with a cover letter and you would get the date corrected, if it is a few weeks short. Search this forum for the date correction issue you would find the letter format and procedure.

Also if you are covered under the HSMP JR, then finalty driving penalty points should not matter much, if it was by police and not court.