ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New EEA application help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aalliem
Newly Registered

New EEA application help

Post by aalliem » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi, I'm pakistan national, my wife is Slovak national and she has a 6 year old boy who is US citizen, we all live in USA. We are thinking of applying for EEA family permit and moving to UK in MAy.
can someone answer these question if possible.

1- I was told that i cannot apply from US as i don't have any legal status here, no visa of any kind and i will have to go to pakistan to apply. Do we have to submit two application, one for me in Pakistan and one for her son is New York? they are not gonna go to pakistan just for sake for applying his Family permit, they rather apply from the New York, much cheaper and faster.
2- we never lived in UK, never worked there. We will be moving there as job Seeker. does she have to have any job offer, signed up with for JOb bank inorder to qualify for Job seeker category? What we have to provide, proof that would help us to qualify as Job seeker. We have around $10,000 in savings.
3- The application asks about address in Uk. we will be staying with my relative for first week or two and intend to get own flat as soon as possible. So what address can we show there??
4- is Comprehensive insurance required for Job seeker??

My wife cannot go there before me as it would be hard for her to move there with a 6 year old boy and try to get flat. We intend to fly together as i 'm aware that I cannot go there before her, her being the EEA citizen.

We would really appreciate all the answers we get from this post. It would help us to avoid mistake and be prepared before. I'm trying to avoid any surprise once i go to pakistan in order to apply for EEA family permit. I'm only willing to leave my wife and here if i know we will definitely get the permit and be together in UK and not me being stuck in Pakistan.

thanks again.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:27 am

Most questions you are asking are being answered here on a nearly weekly basis and I spot two at least from this week. Have you already looked through those threads and read through the links provided there?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=72773
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=68964

aalliem
Newly Registered

Post by aalliem » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:31 pm

thanks for your answer.
I did read your posts buy all the post i read, EEA citizen have been working and living in UK for some time before they are applying for family permit.
In our case, my wife, EEA citizen, is not in UK, never worked there.
So i was wondering what supporting documents we are to provide with the application as Job seeker and also about address in UK. These questions may seem redundant, however in our case we will be moving there together for first time, and i would like you get all the detail before.

thanks for any reply.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:07 pm

I believe my first response in the first link above answers exactly that (esp the links therein).