ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exact Documentation/Proof for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kenfrapin

Exact Documentation/Proof for ILR

Post by kenfrapin » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:06 pm

Hi All,

Been on the forum for over 2 years mostly active on the Employment sub forum. Now that I will be applying for ILR in the next few months, I have been going through info in this forum.
This is what I think is more than enough for get the ILR done based on Set O and applying as Tier 1 General.

1. 5 years P60 to show continuous employment since June 2006
2. Letter from current employer who I am working with since Jan 2011. Leaving letter from previous employer stating the 4.5years I worked for them in UK
3. 3 or 6 month bank statements to show monthly income and also bank balance for funds. Its a joint account so also proves partner lives with me.
4. Life in UK certificates for partner and me
5. Marriage certificate though passport has spouse names in there
6. Current tenancy agreement for proof of accommodation.

Can you confirm if the above is enough? Do I need to take additional documentation to show my wife has been here for 2 years even though shes residing with me since 2006? I do have previous tenancy agreements, partner's old payslips from 2008 etc but not sure if its required?

My MAIN issue is the days absence from UK.
While I have never spent continuous 90 days outside the UK in the last 5 years, my total days over these 5 years comes to 184 on Annual Leave/Holiday trips plus 4 days business trip - Will this be an issue in securing ILR? Majority of this was monthly trips back home during XMas time and the UK has been my main place of stay which is what the PEO will be looking for.

Many thanks
KP

xyz123

Re: Exact Documentation/Proof for ILR

Post by xyz123 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:32 am

kenfrapin wrote:Hi All,

Been on the forum for over 2 years mostly active on the Employment sub forum. Now that I will be applying for ILR in the next few months, I have been going through info in this forum.
This is what I think is more than enough for get the ILR done based on Set O and applying as Tier 1 General.

1. 5 years P60 to show continuous employment since June 2006
2. Letter from current employer who I am working with since Jan 2011. Leaving letter from previous employer stating the 4.5years I worked for them in UK
3. 3 or 6 month bank statements to show monthly income and also bank balance for funds. Its a joint account so also proves partner lives with me.
4. Life in UK certificates for partner and me
5. Marriage certificate though passport has spouse names in there
6. Current tenancy agreement for proof of accommodation.

Can you confirm if the above is enough? Do I need to take additional documentation to show my wife has been here for 2 years even though shes residing with me since 2006? I do have previous tenancy agreements, partner's old payslips from 2008 etc but not sure if its required?

My MAIN issue is the days absence from UK.
While I have never spent continuous 90 days outside the UK in the last 5 years, my total days over these 5 years comes to 184 on Annual Leave/Holiday trips plus 4 days business trip - Will this be an issue in securing ILR? Majority of this was monthly trips back home during XMas time and the UK has been my main place of stay which is what the PEO will be looking for.

Many thanks
KP
Your documents look ok. With regards to leave, try to get a letter from your employer saying that your absences were paid annual leave. If you cant get a letter, try to collect payslips / bank statement for those exact durations where you were out of UK to show that you were on paid leave.

I dont think you will have any problems.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:37 am

Thanks xyz - I have a combination of attested online payslips and bank statements to show I was on paid leave plus employer letter stating continuous employment covering all those months I went on leave.

I have another big issue now and thats a £120 speeding ticket while legally driving on International license in June/July 2008 - created a seperate topic on that and I'd appreciate any info/advice.

Thanks again
KP