ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 visa holder applying as ILR dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

d_seng
Newly Registered

Tier 1 visa holder applying as ILR dependant

Post by d_seng » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Hello,

I am living in the UK on a Tier-1 visa that was issued in Sep 2008, valid till Sep 2011. I was previously on a WP (from Apr 2005) and then switched to my wife's dependant visa in Nov 2006.

My wife is on a work permit since Jun 2006 and she is due for her ILR in May 2011.

I have two questions:
  • 1. When my wife applies for her ILR, can I also apply as her dependant in the same application?

2. If that is not a possibility, once she obtains her ILR, can I apply as a dependant of someone present and settled in the UK right away after a few days, or do I have to wait till my visa runs out in Sep 2011? FLR(M) guidelines states: "You and any children under 18 applying with you should apply before the end of your/their permitted stay in the UK.".
Thanks in advance!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:44 pm

1. No.
2. After your wife is granted settlement, you may switch to FLR(M) as and when you wish to.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!