ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Elderly Parents over 65 (Please help)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

man1976

Elderly Parents over 65 (Please help)

Post by man1976 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:44 pm

I will be getting my british citizen ship soon and would like my parents to come and stay with me Permenantly

here are the details
(1)My dad is 65 and my mom is 60
(2)They both are heart patients and need care
(3)I have two brothers and a sister. My two brothers live in USA and are not bothered to take care of my parents.
(4) My sister is living with my parents at the moment nd taking care of them but will be getting married in a months time and will be staying with her husband
(5)They both are financially dependent on me. They have no source of income and no assests other then an apartment which they live in.
(6)I am sending them money through a bank every month for PAST 3 years
(7)I go and meet them once every year.
( 8) i am married and have a son. I am renting a 3 bed house, which have enough space to accomodate my parents

My questions are
(1) Is it possible that they come and live with me permenantly. Do i have a strong case
(2) Will the embassy/home office will create a problem because my sister will be living in the same city She will be financially dependant on her husband and has no source of income and she cannot take care of my parents
(3) Should they show thier health conditions to the embassy. Will this be a positive point or will they view it as a burden on NHS
(4) Will you advice me to consult a lawyer
(5)What documents do i need
(6) Any valuable advise

Hope some one will help

Many thanks

Man1976

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:40 am

I think there is a member called Dip or Dips who used to be on the old forum about 2 to 3 years ago who had a similar situation...please review old postings....

It is difficult but not impossible

Another person who can help you (but is off sick at the moment is Kayalami)
Where there is a will there is a way.

timefactor
Member of Standing

Post by timefactor » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:14 pm

I've spoken to HO / british embassy etc several times on this. Once you have ILR it is not that difficult to bring old aged parents here, but you have to prove they are totally depending on you

DIP's case was bit different as his mother totally depends on him and on top of that his son (daughter?) needs care from his mother.... i guess

man1976

Post by man1976 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:06 pm

They are financially dependent on me.
Two things i am concerned is that

my sister lives in the same city so not sure how they value this
I dont know if ill health of my parents is a positive or negative point