ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Just applied for my wife's settlement visa - what to expect?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jungo
Newly Registered

Just applied for my wife's settlement visa - what to expect?

Post by jungo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:59 am

I'm a UK citizen (born in London) but never lived in the UK until last week when I moved to take up a new job as a senior executive with a successful financial firm.

My wife is Israeli and we have a baby who is Israeli and US (but eligible for UK citizenship).

We applied for my wife's settlement visa just last week, and having read so many forums, I really don't know what to expect and whether we're missing something...

1. We provided plenty of information proving the marriage is real (we've been married for seven years): marriage certificate, pictures of us together and with baby, rental contracts throughout the years, our baby's birth certificate, join tax returns, etc.

2. For proof of funds, we provided a statement of balances from our bank in Israel (not a list of 3 months' of transactions as that would have been a nightmare to translate), and recent statements from our US bank account (though it's not very active). We also provided our recent US tax return which shows that we're due significant funds from the US government. We also added the first page of a contract for an apartment we just bought together.

Finally, we provided a signed letter from my new employer stating my income (which is high - six digits - and more than enough to cover our living expenses - my wife doesn't intend to work in the immediate term).

3. I provided a copy of the rental agreement for the apartment I rented - even though I haven't moved in yet.

Could they give us trouble because the major bank statement is a statement of balances, rather than transactions over 3 months? Would it be a problem that I just moved to the UK and only started my job here (don't even have a bank account yet!).
Finally, is the fact that I haven't yet moved into the rental apartment a problem?

Thank you!!

JeJe
Newly Registered

Post by JeJe » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:19 pm

I think all have to be okay, but if they do not want by some reason give it they have it 100%.

As you still don't live in the UK.

One of my friends have the same situation when they decided to move back to UK.
They have two children, but never lived in the UK together. All 4 years they used to live in different countries (as his job).

Finally they all got visa (kids + wife) but it take time for them as Appeal and court were Involved.

Hope all will be fine in your case. I know just that, and nothing good in the same situation.

Hope you will be okay! And Immigration officer going to be fair to your position in future.

Good like any way!