ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

June 06 Applicants Please post here

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NGOBROS
Newly Registered

cc not charged

Post by NGOBROS » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:44 pm

dear englandbound
dont be so worried as you can see not only you is having this problem,my own is even since 6th june,am expecting my documents back.take heart your card may still be charged,but if its otherwise, it doesn't matter you can get a demand draft in your country and resubmit, thats what am planning to do once i receive my documents.

mna8

Post by mna8 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:56 pm

HI,

I submitted my application on 20/06/06 and i checked my CC web site but it is not charged. So I called them today and they told me because they moved office so that is a reason for a delay.

Thanks
mna

sumaradha
Newly Registered

Post by sumaradha » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:10 pm

Hi mna8,

Can you tell me what is the contact numb er that you tried contacting as i have not yet received my fin number while the application has been received by them on 9th june itself.

NGOBROS
Newly Registered

credit card

Post by NGOBROS » Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:32 pm

HI Sumarahda,
the number is +44 114 207 4074.please call them .I have been trying to call them myself but they always put me on hold which might last for hours.dont fail to reply when you do so.

rkc

Post by rkc » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:00 pm

I sent across my application today (24-06-2006) by DHL from Bangalore, India. It is expected to reach Sheffield office by Tuesday(27-06-2006) before 12pm.

I have applied in the under 28 category and claimed a total of 80 points. My payment mode is Credit Card.
I supplied the following supporting documents for the claimed categories:

1.Cover letter

2.Updated CV

3.Under 28: 5 points
Supporting Documents:
a.Notarised Colour Xerox of personal details page of passport.
b.Notarised Xerox of car license.

4.Educational Qualifications: 25 points
Supporting Documents:
a.Original Convocation Degree certificate of Bsc and Msc. Computer Science from India
b.Original marksheets of Bsc and Msc. Computer Science final year.
(Have confirmed from NARIC, UK that my degrees are equivalent to British Bachelors and Masters degree, although, I was unable to enclose the NARIC comparability statement as they only dispatched it day before yesterday. )

5.Work Experience: 25 points (min 2 years exp )
a.Letter of experience outlining start/end dates, position(s) held and detailed description of graduate-level roles and technical responsibilities for each position from my current and previous employer on offical letter heads with stamp and signatures of referee. My current HR manager issued letter for current job, whereas, a project manager in the absence of HR from my previous company issued reference letter for previous job (on letter head with company seal).
b. Print-out from www.companieshouse.gov.uk showing registration information for both of my companies.

6.Past Earnings: 25 points
1.Print out of Pay-slips for June 2005 to May 2006 on plain paper stamped and signed by employer. This is accompanied by cover-letter from employer on letter head endorsing the pay-slips to be verified and accurate.
2. Employer letter on letter head indicating my gross and take home salary income for June 2005-May 2006.
3. Original Income Tax returns form for financial year April 2005 to March 2006 stamped by the government Income Tax officer.

7.English Language Proficiency:
Original IELTS test report score.

8.Balance Statement of savings account indicating sufficient funds for suporting myself in UK.

9.Print-out of job ads matching my graduate-level profile and expected salary and some printouts of email from UK based consultants showing active interest in my CV and encouraging me to apply for HSMP.

I will keep everyone updated with my application status. Given the current processing times, though, I do not see any result coming before atleast 2 months...unless there is some problem debiting my CC :).

dixitv
Newly Registered

posted application on 23-Jun-06

Post by dixitv » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:39 pm

I am in-country applicant. I have posted application on 23-Jun by special delivery with UK Postal Orders so hope it will reach 26-Jun.

Will update in few days about status.

ash

appln

Post by ash » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:52 pm

I applied on the 15th of June....CC not yet charged have been told that there is a backlog due to address change...

will keep you guys posted

schin
Newly Registered

Post by schin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:19 am

I sent my application via DHL on Sat 24 June 2006. should reach sheffield on Wednesday.

Tell me is postal order processed faster than credit card or bank cheque.
will keep posted in application

schin :)

dixitv
Newly Registered

UK Postal orders-- I think it is faster

Post by dixitv » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:37 pm

Yes I beleive paying UK Postal orders makes it faster. I have read somewhere in guidelines that these applications are forwarded immediately to caseworking office. :)

mna8

Post by mna8 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:35 pm

Hi,

Yes I have checked the www.workingintheuk.gov.uk web site it is mentioned in HSMP guidance that postal order cleared immediately.

Thanks
mna

englandbound
Newly Registered

Post by englandbound » Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:10 pm

Hi all,

I called them up (the work permits ppl) and they said that my card had been charged on June 22 and gave me my ref. number (thank god!). I guess it has to be assigned to a case worker now? Any idea how many days it takes to be assigned to a case worker and then processsed?

I applied on June 14th (received at Doncaster).

purvil
Newly Registered

HSMP App reeived

Post by purvil » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:38 am

Hi All,

Finally I have a confirmation from HSMP team that, my application has been received bu t yet to show on to our system. I guess this means, I still have to wait a bit to get my CC charged.

Well atleast one good news. Hope for more ... :D

Rocio
Newly Registered

Post by Rocio » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:33 pm

1st and foremost I want to thank those who i contacted directly via private messages who helped me with my visa application and second I want to say that without this site I would have been a bit less diligent with my submission.

My HSMP application has been submitted via FedEx today June 27, 2006 :D and I can now just anxiously sit back and wait to hear back from the Home Office. :?

I wish Everyone good luck and please feel free to contact me if you think I can be of assistance.

Age Allowance = 5
Degree = 15
Experience = 50
Salary = 25

TOTAL Points Requesting 95

Will continue to post the progress of the visa after I track its status.

Thanks once again,

Rocio
Houston, TX

englandbound
Newly Registered

Post by englandbound » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:43 pm

Does anybody know how long applications are now taking to process? I faxed over an urgent request form yesterday because I have a job starting in August. Will that make any difference? and if so, how much will it shorten the processing time?

thanks

busybee_kl
Newly Registered

Post by busybee_kl » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:07 am

I called up the home office yesterday to inquire about the status of my application, apparently, they have still not assigned my papers to a case worker. So far 27 days have elapsed since reaching the home office (see my earlier posts for my schedule), so if the allocation system is fair, then it takes at least this long. The only good news for me is that I finally got my reference number, they claim they had posted it to me 2 weeks back. I will call again after a week to check again.

If any applicant in June has had an early decision then do post here.

gautat

Post by gautat » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:47 pm

dear all,

i called up hsmp team yesterday to confirm receipt of additional documents and they confirmed that they were received, however my application is yet to assign to caseworker. my application was received on 10th june...

thanks

gautat

Post by gautat » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:45 pm

dear all,

i called up hsmp team yesterday to confirm receipt of additional documents and they confirmed that they were received, however my application is yet to assign to caseworker. my application was received on 10th june...

thanks

englandbound
Newly Registered

Post by englandbound » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:24 pm

I want to thank all of you on this forum for being really helpful during this app process. I also wanted to tell u that my application was approved yesterday and mailed off yesterday as well. Talk about quick turnaround - under 2 weeks!!!! and thats even with the delays in payment processing caused by the shift in payment offices!!

Good luck to all...

avwifiguy

congrats!!

Post by avwifiguy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:55 am

Hi Englandbound,

Congrats!!! The first step is cleared :). All the best for EC.

Cheers
avwifiguy

rkc

Post by rkc » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:55 am

Hi gautat,

When you say that you contacted the HSMP team, do u mean their contact center or the direct HSMP line? Can you please tell me the number which you tried?

Secondly, as I can see you have sent in additional documents.Did the HSMP team request for additional docs from you? If no, then what is the procedure for sending in unsolicited additional documents?

regards

sumaradha
Newly Registered

Post by sumaradha » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:47 am

Hi NGOBROS,

I tried calling them up on that number since then however i could not reach them till date. the number is always engaged. I have written an email to the team and shall update you once i receive a update. :)

mna8

Post by mna8 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:05 pm

Hi,

My CC is still not charged and I called them to ask and they told me they are processing the applications which are submitted on 17/06.

Thanks
mna

prakashg
Newly Registered

Post by prakashg » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:49 pm

Hi Seniour members please reply,

I have applied HSMP from bangalore, India and got confirmation from HO that decision has been made on 14th June 06 and my documents has been posted back. But still I have not received my documents, I am very much worried about my orginal documents now.

I have received initial reference number confirmation mail just within a week from HO.

Senior members and members can you please confirm will it take so many days to receive the documents, please share your past experiance, so I can take necessary actions.

Waiting for all your quick response.

Thanking you in anticipation,

Regards,
Prakash

Rocio
Newly Registered

Post by Rocio » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:23 pm

englandbound wrote:I want to thank all of you on this forum for being really helpful during this app process. I also wanted to tell u that my application was approved yesterday and mailed off yesterday as well. Talk about quick turnaround - under 2 weeks!!!! and thats even with the delays in payment processing caused by the shift in payment offices!!

Good luck to all...
Wow Englandbound,

That was quick!! Did you have a urgency request form?

englandbound
Newly Registered

Post by englandbound » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:37 pm

Actually yes I did have an urgent request form......

cheers