ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can somebody break this down for me Pls

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnkenn

Can somebody break this down for me Pls

Post by Johnkenn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Tandor

Post by Tandor » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:57 pm

Parents of EU Citizen dependant/minor children should be allowed to live and work in the country of the dependant EU Citizen childs nationality.

In short, can of worms.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:54 pm

Thanks Tandor for your reply. When the say " one of those parents must have been lawfully resident in Ireland for 3 out of the previous 4 years" Do they mean one of the parent must be working? What of if one of the parents is on social welfare?

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:29 pm

This is got nothing to do with social welfare bro. Provided you have been living here legitimately for 3 years before the child was born.
Its never too late

room1102

Post by room1102 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:24 pm

If I have WCATT granted by INIS already, but I have not lived in Ireland for past 3 out of 4 years. If I go back to Ireland and give birth to a child now. Will my kid entitle Irish Citizenship in this case?

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:26 am

No.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:49 am

room1102 wrote:If I have WCATT granted by INIS already, but I have not lived in Ireland for past 3 out of 4 years. If I go back to Ireland and give birth to a child now. Will my kid entitle Irish Citizenship in this case?
Your child will not be entitled to Irish citizenship in that case.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Informat ... 140709.pdf
a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident* in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years and neither parent was entitled to diplomatic immunity in the State.
The key phrase here is "immediately preceding".

9jeirean

room1102

Post by room1102 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:49 pm

9jeirean wrote:
room1102 wrote:If I have WCATT granted by INIS already, but I have not lived in Ireland for past 3 out of 4 years. If I go back to Ireland and give birth to a child now. Will my kid entitle Irish Citizenship in this case?
Your child will not be entitled to Irish citizenship in that case.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Informat ... 140709.pdf
a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident* in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years and neither parent was entitled to diplomatic immunity in the State.
The key phrase here is "immediately preceding".

9jeirean
Citizenship through birth in Ireland

A person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 to parents, at least one of whom was an Irish or British citizen or entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, has an entitlement of Irish citizenship. Otherwise, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident* in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years and neither parent was entitled to diplomatic immunity in the State.

The above is from you link. Isn't this "entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, has an entitlement of Irish citizenship" referred to WCATT??

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:00 pm

room1102 wrote:
The above is from you?? link. Isn't this "entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, has an entitlement of Irish citizenship" referred to WCATT??
Hi, the link provided is not my link. As you can see that is the info on the official INIS website as per 2005 constitutional amendment. My statement is not meant to be taken as a legal statement but rather to point your attention to a consideration that might be important as per your query. If you are convinced that you child will have Irish citizenship based on your understanding, please by all means go ahead.

My best wishes

9jeirean

room1102

Post by room1102 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:56 pm

9jeirean wrote:
room1102 wrote:
The above is from you?? link. Isn't this "entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, has an entitlement of Irish citizenship" referred to WCATT??
Hi, the link provided is not my link. As you can see that is the info on the official INIS website as per 2005 constitutional amendment. My statement is not meant to be taken as a legal statement but rather to point your attention to a consideration that might be important as per your query. If you are convinced that you child will have Irish citizenship based on your understanding, please by all means go ahead.

My best wishes

9jeirean
Whoooops, sorry. My apology. I meant the link you provided from INIS.