ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa Enquiries.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eva82me

Schengen Visa Enquiries.

Post by eva82me » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi guys,

My husband is a UK permanent resident visa holder. He wants to apply for the Schengen Visa to Spain for a meeting at the end of this month. We have a few questions to ask before sending out the application form.

(1) Is it acceptable for him to arrange the agent to attend the visa appointment? Or he has to attend the appointment in person?

(2) Which embassy should he go to, London or Manchester? He is currently living in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire?

It seems that the London embassy is the only place issues this type of visa (http://www.theschengenoffice.com/spain_ ... _visa.html).

However, on the first page (http://www.theschengenoffice.com/spain_embassy.html), it seems he needs to go to Manchester. Very confusing.

(3) As his travel plan is very tight, I wonder how quick the visa can be done once the application is submitted. Although we were advised several weeks will be needed in peak time.

Any advices? Thanks everybody.

Angell

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Schengen Visa Enquiries.

Post by ca.funke » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi eva82me,

it´d be important to know what your and your husband´s nationalities are.

In most cases first-time Schengen-applications have to be done in person, after that some countries allow follow-up visas by mail in certain cases.

Good luck in your travels!
Rgds, Christian

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the reply. We are Chinese.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:46 am

eva82me wrote:(1) Is it acceptable for him to arrange the agent to attend the visa appointment? Or he has to attend the appointment in person?
(2) Which embassy should he go to, London or Manchester? He is currently living in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire?
From what I gather on the >>website of the consulate in Manchester<<, you can decide whatever you prefer:
Spanish Consulate Manchester wrote:Short stay visas (Schengen)

(...)

The short stay visa application must be submitted on a duly completed application form (original and copy), which can be >>downloaded free of charge<< from this web page or can also be obtained free of charge from Spanish Diplomatic Missions or Consular Offices abroad.

The visa must be applied for either in person or through a duly accredited representative in the Diplomatic Mission or Spanish Consular Office in the country where the applicant legally resides. (...)
The website you quote (http://www.theschengenoffice.com/spain_ ... _visa.html) does not seem to be any official government-website, but rather that of a private company.
eva82me wrote:(3) As his travel plan is very tight, I wonder how quick the visa can be done once the application is submitted. Although we were advised several weeks will be needed in peak time.
This is always a matter of luck, do apply as soon as possible.

Good luck in all your travels!
Rgds, Christian

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:44 am

Hi Christian,

Thank you very much for the reply. I really appreciate your help.

Have a nice day!