ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

APPLYING FOR PSW THIS WEEK PLEASE ADVISE AND GUIDE?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

langet so pilon

APPLYING FOR PSW THIS WEEK PLEASE ADVISE AND GUIDE?

Post by langet so pilon » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi all,

My student visa is finishing on 17th of April this year. I learnt last Friday that my results were in and I passed.

I am intending to send the application by post recorded delivery on Thursday 24th March.
I have collected the PSW letter from my college. I have not yet got my certificate.

However I have a few questions :
First of all which guidance should I follow the one valid until the 5th of April or valid from the 6th April???

2. On their website UKBA said to apply at least one month before leave expires but I could not do so because I had not yet got my results. So will it be okay if I apply now?

3. I have kept all the bank statements that I have been sent by post but the last date on the latest bank statement is 3rd March. I have been to the bank and got one printed off their machines with the last date being 15th March. I got it stamped. Alongside the stamp do i need a letter saying that these are authentic or not?

4. Another query is my account number, only the last 4 digits are shown on those statements?Is it a problem?

5. On the application form it mentions police registered certificates when are those needed?

6. Has the applicant been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?
I was issued a student visa in 2010 where I had my biometric details taken. I sthat question applicable to me?

7.There is also a question asking to give personal tutors details. Is that like the person that supervised you during your dissertation?

Please do advise and guide me. :)

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Re: APPLYING FOR PSW THIS WEEK PLEASE ADVISE AND GUIDE?

Post by arsenal49 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:30 pm

langet so pilon wrote:Hi all,

My student visa is finishing on 17th of April this year. I learnt last Friday that my results were in and I passed.

I am intending to send the application by post recorded delivery on Thursday 24th March.
I have collected the PSW letter from my college. I have not yet got my certificate.

However I have a few questions :
First of all which guidance should I follow the one valid until the 5th of April or valid from the 6th April???
if you are applying before 6th, then current guidance. if you r applying afterwards then new guidance

2. On their website UKBA said to apply at least one month before leave expires but I could not do so because I had not yet got my results. So will it be okay if I apply now?
no such requirement for tier 4 migrants

3. I have kept all the bank statements that I have been sent by post but the last date on the latest bank statement is 3rd March. I have been to the bank and got one printed off their machines with the last date being 15th March. I got it stamped. Alongside the stamp do i need a letter saying that these are authentic or not?
read guidance notes

5. On the application form it mentions police registered certificates when are those needed?
does your current visa stamp requires you to be registered with police?

7.There is also a question asking to give personal tutors details. Is that like the person that supervised you during your dissertation?
yes, his departmental address would suffice

Please do advise and guide me. :)

langet so pilon

Query??

Post by langet so pilon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:03 am

So I can apply for PSW now then right even if it less than one month to my visa expiring?

Another query:

Say that the home office receives my application on friday as I am sending it by recorded delivery when is the date of the application is it friday or when I get my acknowledgement letter?

Thanks in advance

langet so pilon

Has the applicant been issued with a Biometric Residence ?

Post by langet so pilon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:07 am

Has the applicant been issued with a Biometric Residence Permit with a previous application for leave?

This question may be did not appear.

I am on a student visa right now and they took my biometric details back in 2010 when I applied?

So do I have a biometric residence permit?

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 am

if you send by royal mail, date of postage is the date that decides which rules are applicable to you.

if you satify all the requirements of psw visa, then yes you can apply now.

You should have been given the BRP card. afterall thats your proof of legal stay in this country!

alternatively, do you have visa stamp on your passport? i doubt it

cheers

coco__nutty

Re: APPLYING FOR PSW THIS WEEK PLEASE ADVISE AND GUIDE?

Post by coco__nutty » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:32 am

langet so pilon wrote:Hi all,

Just from personal experience- DO make 100% sure the letter from you College states that you will be graduating/getting your certificate on a set date.
That was the reason they knocked me back and I had to go through an appeal process.
You can apply with just a letter, but make sure it says everything it needs to (as outlined in the Visa Application Guide)

And good luck! :)

coco__nutty

Re: Query??

Post by coco__nutty » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:40 am

langet so pilon wrote:So I can apply for PSW now then right even if it less than one month to my visa expiring?
You can apply up to the last day your visa is valid.
Mine was valid till 31.010.10 and I posted it on the 29th (Friday) and they got it on the 1st.
Keep your proof of postage and it wont be a problem, as long as it's stamped before your visa expires.
Although, of course, try to apply asap!

langet so pilon

psw letter reads as following:

Post by langet so pilon » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Tier 4 sponsor number :xxxxx
Tuesday xxx
Dear sir/madam

Student name: xxxx
Date of birth: xxxx
Current course of study: xxxx
Awarding body:xxxx
Course commencement: xxxxx
Course completion: xxxxx

Uk Address:
xxxx
xxxx

I write to confirm that the above-named student was enrolled as a full time student at this college for period detailed above. Class attendance exceeded twenty-one hours per week in addition to self directed private study. This course was taught in english.

The candidate has successfully completed the above course and was awarded a Master of xxxx on 17th March 2011. The college has not received Mr xxxxx certificate once we receive this we will forward the certificate to him.

The awarding body is xxxx. XXXX college is a recognised institution within the UK.

ANYTHING MISSING ?????

langet so pilon

Requirements for psw letter

Post by langet so pilon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:22 pm

If the certificate has yet to be issued, the
applicant will be unable to provide the original
certificate of award. In these circumstances,
the applicant must provide:
ii) an original letter from the institution at
which the applicant studied towards his/her
eligible qualification. The letter must be an
original letter (not a copy), on the official
letter-headed paper of the United Kingdom
institution at which the applicant studied. It
must have been issued by an authorised
official and must confirm the:
• applicant’s name;
• title of the qualification;
• Date of the award (as defined in paragraph
79 of these guidance notes);
• the body awarding the qualification;
• explain the reason why the applicant is
unable to provide their original certificate of
award; and
• confirm that the certificate will be issued.

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:37 pm

=>title of the qualification; where is it mentioned in your letter? e.g BEng, MA etc
=>make sure some one signs it!

=> what does para 79 states? and make sure you satisfy that requirement

and im personally (through lack of my own understanding) not totally happy with it. anyone else see problem with this line?
  • "The college has not received Mr xxxxx certificate once we receive this we will forward the certificate to him. "

langet so pilon

par 79

Post by langet so pilon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Par 79 states that
The date of award is taken as the
date on which the applicant was first notified,
in writing, by the awarding institution, that
the qualification has been awarded. This
notification may have been made in writing,
directly to the applicant, or by the institution
publishing details of the award, either in writing
(for example, via an institution notice board) or
electronically (for example, on the institution’s
website). Where the notification was not in the
form of direct correspondence to the applicant,
we will require direct confirmation of the date
of award from the institution in writing

That is correct

And I agree that line you are mentioning I am not comfortable with either.

Anyone please do give your views.

langet so pilon

Signature ??

Post by langet so pilon » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

@arsenal 49

Concerning the signature there is a signature at the bottom of the letter. Is that what you are alluding to?

Its mentioned in the second paragraph in the main body:
''The candidate has successfully completed the above course and was awarded a Master of xxxx on 17th March 2011. The college has not received Mr xxxxx certificate once we receive this we will forward the certificate to him.''

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:31 pm

im 95% sure that's a good-enough letter which satisfies all the requirements.

yea, since college/uni mass print these type of letter, it is important that itis properly signed by registrar or who-ever. if there is a signature, than thats fine/

some one here copy pasted template of the letter as well. see if you can find it and then compare it but i personally think its good-enough letter but better wait and get confirmation from someone else here

langet so pilon

cheers bru

Post by langet so pilon » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:16 am

Thanks will do just that.

langet so pilon

Thanks all

Post by langet so pilon » Fri May 13, 2011 2:18 pm

Was successful in my application.

THanks to everyone who provided assistance.