ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self-sufficient Status -comprehensive Medical insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msmoby_ru

Self-sufficient Status -comprehensive Medical insurance

Post by msmoby_ru » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:30 am

I wonder if anyone can help, please

I am am an EEA national residing in the UK on 'self-sufficient'status paying for comprehensive medical cover for myself and family members

I have just discovered that another EEA national is residing under the same status -but comprehensive medical cover was NOT made a requirement

I am paying 145 GBP monthly for myself and 2 dependants.

Is anyone aware of exceptions to this rule ?

Many thanks in anticipation

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:58 pm

CSI is compulsory for EEA nationals who are self-sufficient or studying. Doesn't look like this is knowingly overlooked by the UKBA.

I woud advise that you do not take the risk to opt out irrespective of what the other EEA national is doing.

frida
Newly Registered

Post by frida » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:38 pm

Can I just ask what type of insurance you have? I have a friend who has just moved to the UK as a self sufficient person.

She has also got two dependants, and has had several quotes which have all been in the region of £200 per month.

msmoby_ru

Post by msmoby_ru » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:31 pm

Plum70 wrote:CSI is compulsory for EEA nationals who are self-sufficient or studying. Doesn't look like this is knowingly overlooked by the UKBA.

I woud advise that you do not take the risk to opt out irrespective of what the other EEA national is doing.
Thanks for the response - don't worry - I won't.. t'other person thinks they will keep their head down - and I wonder what will happen when the time comes to apply for permanent residency.

msmoby_ru

Post by msmoby_ru » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:34 pm

frida wrote:Can I just ask what type of insurance you have? I have a friend who has just moved to the UK as a self sufficient person.

She has also got two dependants, and has had several quotes which have all been in the region of £200 per month.
We are covered by General & Medical ( Altus plan) 145.41 / month

This is not my field of 'expertise' but our premium's stayed the same as last year.. happy for you to contact me by pm