ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to Settlement (ILR) from 6th April 2011

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uckocak

Changes to Settlement (ILR) from 6th April 2011

Post by uckocak » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:21 am

Dear members,

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... settlement

as per above, they are changing the rules again effective from 6 April 2011.

I entered UK with work permit at 10 April 2006, and changed to HSMP at July 2007.
5 years due by 10 April 2011.

Are they going to apply new rules to me or is there going to be a transitional period.

And do you know what "unspent convictions" mean? I have 3 points on my driving license due to traffic offence. Does this mean an unspent conviction?

Sorry for bothering you with my personal problems, however this may be a common problem for everyone.

kind regards, Utkan

manojk005

Re: Changes to Settlement (ILR) from 6th April 2011

Post by manojk005 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:33 am

uckocak wrote:Dear members,

I entered UK with work permit at 10 April 2006, and changed to HSMP at July 2007.

Are they going to apply new rules to me or is there going to be a transitional period.

And do you know what "unspent convictions" mean? I have 3 points on my driving license due to traffic offence. Does this mean an unspent conviction?

Sorry for bothering you with my personal problems, however this may be a common problem for everyone.

kind regards, Utkan
Most of traffic offences like speeding are spent after 3 years and be removed from your counterpart license after 4 years. If you had points within last 3 years then it is unspent.

You can apply 28 days before you complete your 5 years. Hence, you can apply for your ILR anytime now. Better to apply now and take advantage of less fees also.

uckocak

Post by uckocak » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:45 am

manojk005 wrote:
uckocak wrote:Dear members,

kind regards, Utkan
Most of traffic offences like speeding are spent after 3 years and be removed from your counterpart license after 4 years. If you had points within last 3 years then it is unspent.

You can apply 28 days before you complete your 5 years. Hence, you can apply for your ILR anytime now. Better to apply now and take advantage of less fees also.
This is very harsh for a minor traffic offence. Are you saying I will not be able to apply for ILR just because I missed a red light?

bani

Post by bani » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:17 pm

You are covered by the HSMP Judicial Review. The criminality threshold will not apply to you for ILR. You will qualify under the old rules.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:29 pm

bani wrote:You are covered by the HSMP Judicial Review. The criminality threshold will not apply to you for ILR. You will qualify under the old rules.
How?
uckocak wrote:I entered UK with work permit at 10 April 2006, and changed to HSMP at July 2007.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bani

Post by bani » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
bani wrote:You are covered by the HSMP Judicial Review. The criminality threshold will not apply to you for ILR. You will qualify under the old rules.
How?
uckocak wrote:I entered UK with work permit at 10 April 2006, and changed to HSMP at July 2007.
Sorry, I only saw the 10 April 2006 part.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:39 pm

uckocak wrote:Are they going to apply new rules to me
Yes, unless you apply for settlement before 06-Apr. Looking at your timelines (entered UK on 10-Apr-06), you should be able to apply before the changes come into effect.
uckocak wrote:And do you know what "unspent convictions" mean
See also Changes to settlement from April - new criminality threshold
Life isn't fair, but you can be!