ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed while applying for extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier1extn
Newly Registered

Self employed while applying for extension

Post by tier1extn » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Hi,

I'm in a pretty unusual situation. I'm currently a contractor and visa comes up for renewal in June. I was a Paye till my last contract and hence I have the required amount for claiming points. The issue is with recent changes to tax laws the umbrella company(new contract) is closing its existing scheme and under the new scheme I will be a self employed person under a partnership firm. My question is even if I would be self employed at the time of application but would not use the earnings from it. I know that being a self employed will make the application not so straight forward. If I put my employment status as self employed should I have to submit the necessary mandatory documentation although I don't want to claim points through it.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks

cheshiregoan
Member of Standing

Re: Self employed while applying for extension

Post by cheshiregoan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:17 pm

tier1extn wrote:Hi,

I'm in a pretty unusual situation. I'm currently a contractor and visa comes up for renewal in June. I was a Paye till my last contract and hence I have the required amount for claiming points. The issue is with recent changes to tax laws the umbrella company(new contract) is closing its existing scheme and under the new scheme I will be a self employed person under a partnership firm. My question is even if I would be self employed at the time of application but would not use the earnings from it. I know that being a self employed will make the application not so straight forward. If I put my employment status as self employed should I have to submit the necessary mandatory documentation although I don't want to claim points through it.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Many Thanks
You only need to provide evidence relating to the income you are claiming points for.

As far as I can see, the reference to employed/self-employed only exists for question B26, and when you get to the question O5 for source of earnings, it clearly gives you an opportunity to list different sources and your evidence needs to be related only to your income.
Please do not send me any Private Messages as I do not check these.

tier1extn
Newly Registered

Post by tier1extn » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks mate for your advice !!