ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changes to Tier 4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samira_uk
BANNED

Changes to Tier 4

Post by samira_uk » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:14 pm

Dear All,

UKBA today announced massive changes to Tier 4 visa. One obscure point is that it is not stated that from when these changes will be applied? For some of them it is stated they will be enforced from April 2012 but for the others, it is not stated.

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Thtats what I am looking for. I think they are going to publish the statement of impact of changes on 31st March. No idea what that would be but the exact implementation date will be cleared. There would be some relaxation for existing students.

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:34 pm

I think It's the correct move. Bit sad abt PSW. Then again when I came here to study. They didn't have psw. I still came to study. Most people abused the student system.now they locked it 4 every body.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Here I am asking about the timing of the changes not about their value for UK. I am completely disagree with you and not only me many of big universities and businesses opposed these changes. UKBA only publishes the statistics which are in its favor not all of them.

By the way, I am looking for more news about the timetable for these changes.

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:11 pm

I am in the same boat. When will new rules be applied? Will there be transitional arrangements? Is it Top Secret information now?

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:27 pm

I think it's april 2012. That's what the UKBA site says. Only reason Uni's complaining just to get their name on the news. Old PR trick. Business wil complain as they can't get cheap labour any more

KDS
BANNED

Post by KDS » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:32 pm

asshanie wrote:I am not gong to study in UK for my degree since new rules has been released.Better go study at other country than bloody UK!Think carefully people of spending lots money studying in UK and getting nothing in return!
Apparently lot of people are going to Germany's english uni's. U might have to look in to that.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:43 pm

I told you I disagree with you and do not want to discuss this matter. UKAB does it only to attract more votes in election and will see impact of these changes in the coming years. Your reasoning for the universities and business are meaningless and all the data and statistics (in FT, Guardian and other famous media) against them. Please do not distract this topic with your ideas. If you want, you can start a new topic.

I am thinking myself that the changes will be implemented in April 2012.

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Some people think that they will apply new rules only from April 2012. However, they mention it only regarding highly trusted sponsors and scrapping of Post-Study.

They don't mention when regarding other changes.

In recent experience of immigration changes in UK it's easy to notice that quite often rules are implemented extremely fast and with very short notice and transitional arrangements. I wonder, can these new rules affect those who start the new course this academic year?

They also did not mention anything about the requirement to apply for new visa from outside UK. Will they introduce it? Are they still not sure?

It would be great if some experienced solicitor could comment on this here. :)

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:35 pm

I am not sure as well. But do u think they will introduce other rules as soon as 6th April??? Or may implement it say from June or July? Nothing is clear. In Labour govt, they always stated clearly when the new rules would be implemented. But for tories it is easy to make everyone confused.

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:26 am

samira_uk wrote:I am not sure as well. But do u think they will introduce other rules as soon as 6th April??? Or may implement it say from June or July? Nothing is clear. In Labour govt, they always stated clearly when the new rules would be implemented. But for tories it is easy to make everyone confused.
We can not rule out such scenario. I searched news agencies and did not find any information about the question when exactly these changes will start.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:21 am

A statement of changes to the Immigration Rules will be published on this website on 31 March.
Statement of changes to immigration rules is published close to the date of implementation (of changes).

So expect the changes to come into effect pretty soon ....if not on 06-Apr-11.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:59 am

Then hope they at least put some transitional arrangement in place for those who got their CAS recently or going to apply in a near future.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:05 am

In addition, it is very unfair that they suddenly say:OK from next month you should have IELTS to get visa for English School or you cannot bring your dependent here. So many students are now in progress of getting their offer, paying the fee and applying for their visa. I hope that they put at least 3-6 months transitional agreement for such students.

Moreover, some of the changes cannot be implemented very fast for example list of trusted banks in each country or definition of something new "Pathway" courses.

In all other cases for example in Tier 1, they announced about 6 months in advance regarding proposed changes.

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Yes, I absolutely agree that they need to provide transitional arrangement at least for those who are going to apply this academic year - September 2011. Otherwise, it would be very insensitive. However, I would not be surprised if they would not. Does UK dream of been like Japan with only maximum 1-1.5% of immigrants? I would not be surprised if this is Conservatives goal.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:15 pm

Yesterday I sent an email to one of famous staff in UKBA about the implementation date and he told me everything will be known on 31st March and before no further information will be released.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:20 pm

The famous staff in UKBA were bombarded with such requests by existing Tier 1 (General) migrants when the scheme was closed for applicants from overseas.
Looks like the famous staff have learnt their lessons ..... or at least, the one you wrote to, has ... and refuse to give out classified information before it comes de-classified.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 am

sushdmehta wrote:
A statement of changes to the Immigration Rules will be published on this website on 31 March.
Statement of changes to immigration rules is published close to the date of implementation (of changes).

So expect the changes to come into effect pretty soon ....if not on 06-Apr-11.
Its all about getting numbers down, to get maximum impact you release the new rules just before the implementation date otherwise you have a massive inflow of applications before the dead line. It effectively gives a person 3 days before the new rules kick in.

mmeehh
Newly Registered

Post by mmeehh » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:23 pm

This is very confusing. Firstly, scrapping work entitlements for people studying at private institutions? So my boyfriend (who is studying at a private college) will have to quit his part-time work?

Also, he is STUDYING B2 level English, its not reached that level yet - when he extends his visa in July, will they expect him to have B2 level, or B1 level which he came in at?

Also, they CRUSH student visas at the same time as they are scrapping COA, entitlement to marry, making it way easier to marry someone in the UK. I can see a HUGE number of Tier 4 students having fake quicky weddings to UK citizens, just to be allowed to have a part-time job and maybe because their English level is not high enought to get Tier 4

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:12 pm

I dont believe that they will just implement the changes at once. Its logical that they will implement these changes in phases. Otherwise I need to book a ticket :(

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:33 pm

U think right as in today announcement by UKBA, the changes will be implemented in 3 phases.

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:02 pm

samira_uk wrote:U think right as in today announcement by UKBA, the changes will be implemented in 3 phases.
Hi Samira,

Which announcement ? could you please send the link here. Thanks.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:50 pm

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... ent-visas/

at bottom, in implementation section.

stevenage

Post by stevenage » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:55 pm

samira_uk wrote:http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... ent-visas/

at bottom, in implementation section.
Thanks but this sentence worries me

"starting with new Rules which will be laid by the end of this month"

It means some rules will be implemented immediately ?

I am worried for the 5 years thing.[/i]

xleft
- thin ice -

Post by xleft » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:35 pm

Don't worry, be happy. Cause when you worry you make it double...

Seriously, we will know everything on 31 March. At least much more than today. In the meanwhile, if you can somehow prepare in these 6 days for the worst case scenario, then do it. Don't worry too much. Conservatives are quite nasty but this is life... Let's monitor this situation.

What's written there may be looked in one way by optimist and another by pessimist. We will know in less than a week. Let's hope for the best and try to prepare for the worst. :wink: