ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Lost Passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newcan
Newly Registered

Lost Passport

Post by newcan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Guys,

The passports sent by Home Office through Royal Mail were lost. I have applied for new passports and i need to book for an appointment for stamping.Under which category / Type of application i can book for the appointment (PEO)?

curently i am holding ILR

Please help me?

Thanks,
CS

newcan
Newly Registered

Lost passports

Post by newcan » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:36 pm

Hi,

Can some reply please?

Regards,
CS

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:24 pm

You need to apply for a no time limit stamp.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ms/flr/ntl

not sure you'll get a same day decision if you apply in person if the passport has been lost although fact ukba lost it may help. Do you have something in writing from then admitting they lost it?

newcan
Newly Registered

FLR (M) - Lost Passports

Post by newcan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:04 pm

Hi,

I have recently applied for FLR as a dependent on my husband's ILR. The supporting documents including the passports that were returned by home office were lost. However, I recieved the biometric residence permit card that was sent later.

We are now applying for new passports and planning to getting the visa stamps again. Could someone please answer the following:

1. Do I need to apply for stamping again, or will my biometric residence permit suffice? If I have to reapply which category/application form should I use.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
CS.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:51 pm

It's a bit confusing when you and your husband are posting under the same name.

They do not 'stamp' the passport when they issue a BRP. The BRP is your evidence of your right to remain in the UK and you need to carry this with you along with your passport when you leave and re-enter the country.

In my opinion you don't need to do anything although if you wanted to you write to UKBA to tell them your new passport number.

However in your husband's case as already advised he needs to apply for a NTL stamp on his passport as he doesn't have a BRP.