ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal submitted

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceman010899

Appeal submitted

Post by iceman010899 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi,

I submitted appeal papers directly to visa office that refused the visa. I wrote a letter quoting immigration rules and provided lots of extra evidence.

How long does it usually take to get a response ? Are ECM's nasty as Ive heard or do they actually take a look at the appeal documents ?

Is there a point in me actually chasing. DHL tracking service confirms someone signed for the documents.

Thank you.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:22 am

iceman010899 wrote:Dude, it can take up to three weeks to hear anything. If you dont get a response in three weeks then call them up. If they take ages you can complain.
See also Appeal process flowcharts.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

deland
- thin ice -

Post by deland » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:28 am

Hi there i see you are going though the same problems as myself as in doing an appeal, this process will take along time as you are sending it to the post where you made the application as i did and yes they are nasty as they will do nothing about it they are given upto 16 wks to do it by as in a reveiw and then process everything to send to uk and they will make sure that they use the full 16wks as they have with myself,

We went to the embassy in bangkok to put in our appeal on the 10th dec, they have given us a date to send in anymore evidence and thats the 18th april that would make it 18.5 wks then after that date they will send it off to the UK so what maybe another couple of wks more, so their guide for appeals is rubbish, so yes they are nasty!!

How long will you have to wait?????????