ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration reforms and future of Tier 1 (PSW)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tired4
Newly Registered

Post by Tired4 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:54 pm

I was just monitoring the progress of the thread and was waiting for the time to real action before making any comment but I had to write only because of jlewisunh as i feel shame on his comments now, the drastic change in rules and more unexpected change in his attitude... I remember he said he will be in huge trouble and couldnt sleep for many nights, which he was right about and other members respected his concerns but now he is just so kind with the changes in rule, I dont mind he is being happy for not being under trouble but dont try to make other weak by asking them to compromise when they want to fight for their rights as the rules are unfair for the students finishes after APR 2012, they have also spent the same kinds of money he dd and few might go under even more trouble then he could ever imagine... anyways I would try to remain quite but I just feel sorry for Gov's Illthought rules and jlewisunh's illthought changed behaviour!![/b]

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:56 pm

sehmett wrote:Guys, even if those who graduate in 2011 are safe, the main question and concern of this group is still the same. What are the TA for current students?
To be honest as far as TA goes, I think it will just be PSW til April 2012. The UKICSA already published in its website that PSW is only accessible until April 2012, and that they are just expecting the details of the new PSW, but don't talk bout any sort of TA...

In the announcement yesterday, Theresa May was asked about what about current students and the fact that their legitimate expectation of some rules would change... She basically said that, the legitimate expectation of current students which according to her was being able to get a job after graduation would still be there, but now with the job assurance requirement,

so therefore there would be a point into which the new PSW would come into force and current students would be affected by such... Though lets wait until the 31st to see if they provide any TA...

I think people affected should check with their Uni's and Penningtons about any possible legal challenges... It needs to be relatively quick cause a Judicial review can only be asked 3 months from when the changes are announced...

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:04 pm

jlewisunh wrote:well of course you can't work in a country if you don't have a work visa. that much is obvious. im just making the point that if someone is a good student and they put the effort in and especially make the effort to secure work for themselves before their visa is up, they should be ok. most visas are good for the length of your course plus 4 months. so when your course ends you essentially have those 4 months to approach employers.
Tier 2 is modern day slavery. We have seen enough bogus colleges with A rating licence. But current rule will prevail bogus employers, and will raise the exploitation of vulnerable.
Degree normally awarded at the end of visa which most of so-called employer want to see so last four months are nothing. The primary use of this period was to relax not to start hunting a job.
N/A

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:10 pm

tusso wrote:Though lets wait until the 31st to see if they provide any TA...
Dear April 2012 is a TA
N/A

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:17 pm

If you look at Tier 2 and new PSW its the same! just a little relaxed, every other country at least gives 6 months to look for a job after you finish your degree, this is gonna lower student numbers a lot, for example MBA s in here will now have a high competitive disadvantage, they barely gave any concessions, and small medium enterprises won't be able to hire students anymore since they dont wanna go to tier 2 sponsorship status

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:18 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
tusso wrote:Though lets wait until the 31st to see if they provide any TA...
Dear April 2012 is a TA
Yeah I agree, I just meant if further TA for current students

ginger_beer

Post by ginger_beer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:05 pm

tusso wrote:If you look at Tier 2 and new PSW its the same! just a little relaxed, every other country at least gives 6 months to look for a job after you finish your degree, this is gonna lower student numbers a lot, for example MBA s in here will now have a high competitive disadvantage, they barely gave any concessions, and small medium enterprises won't be able to hire students anymore since they dont wanna go to tier 2 sponsorship status
i'm thinking the same too. How do they expect students to start applying for jobs in the last 3 or 4 months remaining of the student visa, when the certificate is not given from the university yet ? This means students can only rely on their transcript when looking for job and cannot even produce the actual degree certificate when going job hunting ..

And yeah, almost every other country at least gives 6 months to look for job

jlewisunh

Post by jlewisunh » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Tired4 wrote:Hey jlewisunh,
I have watched this thread growing constantly and everyone expressessing their concerns and sharing their worries including you... and when PSW's existence was still jeopardized, i saw you so worried all the time and proclaiming that it's so injustice and illful thought to remove PSW anyway and even according to you it was a sin to remove it for current students but since you have found out you are safe, you are taking it so easily and preaching the other members to accept it and work hard to go under tier2!!... when I believe being a true member you should encourage them by saying that we will support them even we are safe... I will complete my MSc IT by the end of July 2011 but still if there is any contribution in I could make for current students passes after APR 2012 in oppose this injustice I would very much ready... and jlewisunh, to be honest understand the real defination of being the member of a group or team, or you better stay individual!!

Thanks
oh shut up. i didnt even read past the first two lines of your post im sick of people trying to pin me down not sticking up for everyone who might miss out on psw. if youve really watched this thread closely then youll see that i have numerous times said that it is an injustice. in fact, less than two posts ago i ended by saying 'i cant believe the scrapped psw completely'. so, clearly your reading comprehension skills are sub par or youre just bitter. not sure and to be honest, i dont care. my only point recently has been a simple one really, and it is this: IF YOU WANT TO WORK IN THE UK AFTER YOUR STUDIES YOU STILL HAVE THE CHANCE. Of course it's harder now, but it's still possible. I don't need to answer to you and all of your two posts. in fact, i think you're a registered member posting under another name...too afraid to really show yourself haha, but if not, who cares? quit wining and start planning your future if you wanna work in the uk, right? right.
Last edited by jlewisunh on Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ginger_beer

Post by ginger_beer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:14 pm

tusso wrote:If you look at Tier 2 and new PSW its the same! just a little relaxed, every other country at least gives 6 months to look for a job after you finish your degree, this is gonna lower student numbers a lot, for example MBA s in here will now have a high competitive disadvantage, they barely gave any concessions, and small medium enterprises won't be able to hire students anymore since they dont wanna go to tier 2 sponsorship status
i'm thinking the same too. How do they expect students to start applying for jobs in the last 3 or 4 months remaining of the student visa, when the certificate is not given from the university yet ? This means students can only rely on their transcript when looking for job and cannot even produce the actual degree certificate when going job hunting ..

And yeah, almost every other country at least gives 6 months to look for job. What happened now is actually close to the worst possible outcome.

1) The good outcome of course is if nothing happens to the old PSW visa.
2) The bad outcome is if it gets shortened to a year, or limited in some other ways.
3) The worse outcome is if it becomes only 6 months, and you have to look for graduate jobs during that time.
4) The worst outcome is if it gets abolished altogether.

So now what we get is the whole PSW system is gone, and you just have to try your luck in 3 or 4 months to look for job, without even having your degree cert. Omg .. :(

but yeah, whining is so use .. might as well start planning which other countries to go next

Tired4
Newly Registered

Post by Tired4 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:39 pm

jlewisunh, all of the sudden you are talking like a person to suggest things to other even little while ago you were crying out loud to save you like you were going to die tommorrow and yes i guess you are not really deserving the part of members.... but all i meant that stop suggesting and tell them you were there for them to contribute instead trying to make them compormise with the situation.... you were desprate like dog for bone, now things changed you are being aw!!

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:02 pm

Thanks to deleting my post, but the facts are facts which can’t be denied.
Besides
Any one who cares for those who will get affected by these changes establish a platform.
N/A

RWA
Newly Registered

Post by RWA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:07 pm

I realize this speculative at this point, but in light of UKBAs previous policies and patterns (assuming there is one), I would appreciate a response,

Do you think as the PSW requirements currently stand, whatever changes might be proposed, will they go into effect starting 6th of April, 2011 or 31st of March, 2011?

I am presently an overseas applicant, and am worried that the new changes may affect this route before any other. (remember the december tier 2 changes?)

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:16 pm

RWA wrote:

I am presently an overseas applicant, and am worried that the new changes may affect this route before any other. (remember the december tier 2 changes?)
dude mark my words stay away from this country as much as u can ..... even in the new consultation the right to settlement of Tier 2 will be scraped.
N/A

RWA
Newly Registered

Post by RWA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:21 pm

dude mark my words stay away from this country as much as u can ..... even in the new consultation the right to settlement of Tier 2 will be scraped.
Two years of experience in the UK would actually be quite valuable to me. If a situation doesnt transpire a certain way after two years, well, there is a big world out there and I hope to keep my perspective.

tusso

Post by tusso » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:23 pm

RWA wrote:
I realize this speculative at this point, but in light of UKBAs previous policies and patterns (assuming there is one), I would appreciate a response,

Do you think as the PSW requirements currently stand, whatever changes might be proposed, will they go into effect starting 6th of April, 2011 or 31st of March, 2011?

which tier 2 dec changes?

ginger_beer

Post by ginger_beer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Two years of experience in the UK would actually be quite valuable to me. If a situation doesnt transpire a certain way after two years, well, there is a big world out there and I hope to keep my perspective.
[/quote]

What two years of experience in the UK ? The PSW is no more :lol:

RWA
Newly Registered

Post by RWA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Sorry, I meant tier 1 general

//22 December 2010 Tier 1 (General) is now closed to applications from abroad
The UK Border Agency has stopped accepting Tier 1 (General) applications made overseas, from 00:01 on 23 December 2010.
21 December 2010 Tier 1 (General) to close overseas and new interim limit set for Tier 2 (General)
The UK Border Agency has announced that it will stop accepting Tier 1 (General) applications made overseas from 00:01 on 23 December 2010. The government has also set a limit until 5 April 2011 on the number of certificates of sponsorship that are available to licensed Tier 2 sponsors under Tier 2 (General//

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/news- ... eSubmit=GO

sehmett

Post by sehmett » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:28 pm

[z
Last edited by sehmett on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RWA
Newly Registered

Post by RWA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:28 pm

ginger_beer wrote:Two years of experience in the UK would actually be quite valuable to me. If a situation doesnt transpire a certain way after two years, well, there is a big world out there and I hope to keep my perspective.
What two years of experience in the UK ? The PSW is no more :lol:[/quote]

Then perhaps I misunderstood something. Isn't the PSW valid till April, 2012?

ginger_beer

Post by ginger_beer » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm

RWA wrote:
ginger_beer wrote:Two years of experience in the UK would actually be quite valuable to me. If a situation doesnt transpire a certain way after two years, well, there is a big world out there and I hope to keep my perspective.
What two years of experience in the UK ? The PSW is no more :lol:
Then perhaps I misunderstood something. Isn't the PSW valid till April, 2012?[/quote]

my mistake .. i didn't read that you're already currently an overseas applicant. But yeah, 6 April or 31 March, almost the same. So what's the point?

RWA
Newly Registered

Post by RWA » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Whats the difference? 6th of April or 31st of March... almost the same. I didnt get the point...
Arrival of bank statements. Its going to take 7 - 10 days, they said. Had to wait this long for the overseas maintenance requirement.
Last edited by RWA on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:20 pm

RWA
Newly Registered

Post by RWA » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:41 am

So, basically does anyone think that the kind of policy they might come out with, it would be applicable right the next day (as shown by the tier 1 general), or do you think it would begin from 6th april (since most policies that change are usually implemented on that day).

speculations?

tusso

Post by tusso » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:46 am

RWA wrote:So, basically does anyone think that the kind of policy they might come out with, it would be applicable right the next day (as shown by the tier 1 general), or do you think it would begin from 6th april (since most policies that change are usually implemented on that day).

speculations?

Policy for closing overseas applicants for PSW?

tusso

Post by tusso » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:53 am

The one off session from the BIS committee was the most pointless thing I have seen, Universities UK seem complacent with the changes and so does the CBI...

Then when Damian Green's turn came, the BIS was just asking about China and perceptions from there and the effectiveness of the UKBA in issuing visas. As for PSW not much was said, someone did ask about people who were already on PSW and Damian Green just said, that the new system will be implemented next April and that any PSW holder under the system shouldn't be affected... but yeah nothing relevant or important to people interested in PSW...