ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application form, questions about leave D28/D29

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nafe12

Application form, questions about leave D28/D29

Post by nafe12 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:50 pm

I don't quite understand questions D28/D29

D28: Was this application submitted before the applicant's leave expires.
If YES -> D29:

D29: Has the date of the applicant's leave, as stated in his/her passport, now passed?
If YES -> some text about not able to submit a fresh application...

Could someone explain this please?

If you answer yes to D28, e.g. you still have leave under some category (like PSW), isn't D29 asking the same thing? That is, how can you have leave at the time of submission, but have it expired in your passport?

Clearly it's something to do with the fresh application? Unless I'm misunderstanding the question :(

dreamer86

Post by dreamer86 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:04 pm

the answer is simple. NO. but have u read D26? it says, if you say no to D26 than go to question D30. no need to answer D28 or D29.
i hope u gt it.

nafe12

Post by nafe12 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:25 am

Haha, you're right! I'm an idiot :) I was just browsing the questions, so I missed that one.

I usually question myself, though it wouldn't be the first mistake spotted in the app...

E.g. Sec 3, Q B - if you answer no says go to 3A.

3A talks about MBA stuff, if you follow it down it says please go to Section U (near the end).
They left out something saying skip this and go to H if you're not doing the MBA thing :)